Am I a walking Green Card?

Hello,

I am an American woman. I have been in Turkey for a few months, and have already been pursued by several men. I consider myself relatively attractive. I have been told that they would be pursuing me because they want an easy access into America. I am just wondering, do they see me as a walking Green Card? What are the benefits they could gain from marrying an American?

Also, I have a Syrian refugee flirting with me. What kind of advantages could he get from marrying an American?

I am not seriously pursuing any of these relationships, I am just wondering how to treat these men.

Thanks in advance,

Zeynep

Several possibilities here.

1 - You're sexy. A lot of eastern dudes  think western women are sexy in general  but, if you're a looker, you'll have a queue of men after you.

2 - You're that walking green card you mentioned so some guys will be after immigration status with sex as a bonus.

3 - They're after some horizontal fun (I'm told some men enjoy sex without commitment - no idea if that's true or not :D)

Fred wrote:

Several possibilities here.

1 - You're sexy. A lot of eastern dudes  think western women are sexy in general  but, if you're a looker, you'll have a queue of men after you.

2 - You're that walking green card you mentioned so some guys will be after immigration status with sex as a bonus.

3 - They're after some horizontal fun (I'm told some men enjoy sex without commitment - no idea if that's true or not :D)

I laughed loudly 😂😂 congrats Fred

zeynepmae wrote:

Hello,

I am an American woman. I have been in Turkey for a few months, and have already been pursued by several men. I consider myself relatively attractive. I have been told that they would be pursuing me because they want an easy access into America. I am just wondering, do they see me as a walking Green Card? What are the benefits they could gain from marrying an American?

Also, I have a Syrian refugee flirting with me. What kind of advantages could he get from marrying an American?

I am not seriously pursuing any of these relationships, I am just wondering how to treat these men.

Thanks in advance,

Zeynep

i don't think people are thinking about Green Cards after D.T

You are not a walking green card...and you are not the first american in turkey neither will you be the last...you cant stop men from coming...you are attractive, speak english and so its good.... istanbul is home to everyone...the good and the bad...but i tell you..as a foreigner myself, there are more good men than the bad ones....if you dont want them to come...dress ugly, look ugly, unkept etc...but it wont stop them...the only advice...focus on why you are here...and you will meet the good ones in your area of focus...
Common gal,,,there is benefit in marrying someone like you .... but not because you are american...that's where they get it wrong...and that's where you must get it right... don't be too quick to judge them ..i mean the Syrians..many of them didn't choose their situation..they were forced into it...what ever help you can give, render to them and listen to them...they have a story to tell and when you get back home (US) you wont forget them..and who knows you may be of help someday....
i wish you the very best
from Segun

Yes Segun, I agree... I was just wondering if the sole reason they were interested was because of my nationality. Both Turks and Syrians are lovely people!

But most can't tell I'm American... They think I'm Turkish. Sad you think that so many would think of me just as a sex object...

But it did give me a good laugh. Thanks for your viewpoint, Fred!

istanbul is better....go to my country....you will have atleast 40 proposal in a month....lol

Hi,

I remember a Turkish guy that were hitting on another Turkish girl which was living in USA then after realizing she didn't have green card he quit flirting because he confessed she was a easy pass for him. :dumbom::dumbom:

Same goes for some women for Europe and US guys.

It must be burden for you to not to get the real purpose of someone interested by approaching them too cautiously. Just politely ignore such requests if you aren't into it.

Good luck and have fun in Istanbul

there are some girls who running after men too..so you are not unique nor only woman who live that...your are not " hint kumaşı" as we say in turkish...it is normal ..you dont need to be beautiful or attractive ...all the men and women run after the other sex

She is American kuma$i but maybe originally from turkey, but she was born in the states and she has no idea how KAPPA are Syrians and Turkish people.. even a 60 years old grandma can be hunted by a bunch of sarhoş groups in streets after 2 am. If you dare to go to taksim n those places at 3-4 am u will be hunted even without the passport.. even without anything.. even men are hunted by other men at those places.. a decent woman shall never go there imo but other than me who cares about my mo anyway?
Jk I really don't know

Passports and nationalities ruined relationships.. nationalism, Citizens forget their real identity and chase illusions.. we're all humans after all, nothing in common after all.
GG I'm afk,

Zeynep, I do not mean to disapoint you. I have no idea how attractive you are, and I know for a fact that in many countries, US passport is a getaway to a new life.

The truth is,, in this country you just need to have a pair of boobs and make a split second of eye contact to have a dude following you. I mean literally following you. Heard countless of these creepy stories. Those guys aren't even bad, they just do that, they assume you're into them cos you gave a look or a response of some kind. And they follow you in the street, without knowing what to do next. Or maybe they do (and it gets creepier).

Good luck :)

Hi,

Try to stay focus, ask yourself why are you here? and do not be gullible by those men even if you are showed around with good hospitality and try to pay for things by yourself; with time, you will understand these people way of reasoning if you are a fast learner.

I will arrest my case for now and hit the hay.