Question Of The Day

I wish my super power was ability to motivate anyone.

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
~ Mark Twain

Hello Maya Maya!

It would have been great if you do several posts so as we don't get lost over the discussion.;)

PS: The super power that I want is that of being invisible, :P...'spy those who talk about me',lol.

Harmonie.:)

The power that I would wish.. teleport... *pop* I am back home! :D

The super power I would like is the ability to "change" minds and things! :)

harmonie wrote:

Hello Maya Maya!

It would have been great if you do several posts so as we don't get lost over the discussion.;)

PS: The super power that I want is that of being invisible, :P...'spy those who talk about me',lol.

Harmonie.:)

hey Harmonie
very nice name btw!
ummm i have so many questions and if i started a post for each one then i can only imagine how many posts i will make and ppl need the space for more interesting posts then just my questions!!

as for getting lost over the discussion
from now on i will write the new question in red color or something so when u guys look for the new question just look for the red line haha!

Maya Maya wrote:

as for getting lost over the discussion
from now on i will write the new question in red color or something so when u guys look for the new question just look for the red line haha!

oh youre soo smart!

If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to?

id actually keep my name but add "king" before it! ;-)

I would just add Al Saud on the end of my name. I've always fancied flying in and out of the Royal terminal.;)

Wouldnt change it now. Though getting knighted might be nice. :P

Bill Gates and all access to his millions thank you :cool:

gowiththeflowUK wrote:

hahaha! good one

gowiththeflowUK wrote:

Ill change mine to steve jobs, only if  i dont have to wear the turtleneck and jeans??

@borntobemild I would have thought with all that dosh who gives a hell what you look like :rolleyes:

loved sandy_storm and gowiththeflowUK's answers so far haha!

What is one of your favorite quotes?

"Et tu Brutus!"

Can we turn this discussion in something more relevant to expatriates ?

I guess that would be nice !

hey Julien
we are just chillin umm i mean does it always have to be so formal ?
we r just getting to know each other on the forum so atleast when ppl say lets get together u could do it coz u know a lil about them!!

i mean whats wrong with having a lil fun on the the blog?

@Maya Maya - I don't think that is the issue here, the Expat.com team are all for a bit of spontaneous banter, now and again; just check back on lots of the posts and you will see that.  Maybe the issue here is this is not facebook, which you can banter on spontaneously day in- day out.  This is an Expat.com which provides an extensive range of information, info share/exchange and where expats can write up about their experiences in the country and region of the specific blog section.  It is THAT focus and investment where the true value of this blog site belongs.  Additionally, to have great interaction, great humour and spontaneity from time to time is an added bonus.  Sometimes the information provided on sites like this can literally save someone's life; so let us not get too trivia nor too serious :) a healthy balance between the two would be great. Julien, have I understood you correctly?  :unsure

too bad she dosent believe in social networking websites like facebook! lol

gowiththeflowUK +1

ok you can have all the serious stuff u want outta this post
and we will have all the " trivia" stuff like u called it in this post ?
my bad i thought ppl on here loved it thats why we have 9 pages already?
i was actually gonna stop when i ran out of questions but some ppl messaged me telling me to come back and ask ? so i looked up some questions online and posted them here
i thought i was just doing what ppl wanted me to do on here?!!!

since they want me to ask typical questions!!

Tell Us About Your First Day In Saudi Arabia?

Maya Maya wrote:

Julien's next comment: "This question does not apply to everyone on this blog....and besides its OF TOPIC!" lol

borntobemild wrote:
Maya Maya wrote:

Julien's next comment: "This question does not apply to everyone on this blog....and besides its OF TOPIC!" lol

Now this is off topic! :whistle:

borntobemild wrote:
Maya Maya wrote:

the post is on the saudi blog?
so its kinda apply for most ppl on here!
and ya i am gonna say it again this post is suppose 2 be about so many questions not only one? so how was my question off topic again ?

Alright @gwtfUK: I understand that you think that this topic is going a lot of different ways, But then I dont understand is why we have to make such a hue and cry about it in the first place. LIve and let live. This post is under the topic Question of the day, and technically she is not doing anything wrong in posting a question every other day. yeah this is not going in any particular direction, and I personally feel that thats how the topic initiator wanted it to be.
@julien, this is still aplace for expats to get info and help them out and things yes. but then a light side of things never hurt anybody either.. Me thinks?

@Maya Maya: First day in saudi arabia,-- HOT! heat wave peeling my skin off as soon as I exited the airport..

Thanks alot RedGoblin
thats what i am talkin about <3

umm sorry about ur first day in saudi tho

ok you guys come on

exactly what i thought ppl dont like typical questions!

Well I don't remember very well as it's been almost 5 years now, but why don't u tell us how was yours

slyshooter wrote:

Well I don't remember very well as it's been almost 5 years now, but why don't u tell us how was yours

i can assure you, her's was much longer than 5 years! lol

and you guys need to let maya keep asking questions and stop being such e-bitches! i dont care if this gets me barred from the forum cuz i dont wanna be a part of a forum where i cant say what i want to anyway.

slyshooter wrote:

when i first came 2 saudi arabia with my family i was like 3 years old
so ya i really dont remember haha!

Thanks borntobemild :D

you guys carry on, this is so not about me!

If You Could Go Back With Time, Would You Still Come To Saudi Arabia ?

no

No but if I could go forward where women could drive and didn't have to wear an abaya if they chose not to. Or I could try clothes on in shops so I didn't have to return half a dozen times. Or be served by a woman in a lingerie shop. Or I could go to a cinema or theatre etc... ect... get the picture? If you ask again in fifty years I might consider it lol

Maya Maya wrote:

If You Could Go Back With Time, Would You Still Come To Saudi Arabia ?

not just no, but HELL NO! no offense.

thats a whole lotta NOs
but i loved sandy_storm's answer :)