Paying bills in Peru

Hello everyone,

What bills do you pay? If you are renting, are bills included in the price of rent, and is this common practice in Peru?

How can you pay your bills (e.g. online, at provider's store, at the post office)? Which is the most convenient or reliable way?

With what frequency are different bills sent in Peru? Are there different deadlines for payment?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

Every company is different
However you can usually pay phone and electricity at many banks
Other bills your time is not important,you go and stand in line for hours. Sometimes water and electricity are included in your rent
You better hv that in writing b/c here, everything is The deal after the deal!

I rent an apartment in Tacna.   I pay my landlord 50 soles each month for my water usage when I pay my rent.  The water payment amount is designated in my rental agreement.   The electricity bill for my apartment is in my landlord's name.   He gives me the bill each month and I go to an authorized payment location to pay the electricity bill.   I never have to wait more than 10 minutes in line to pay.  My internet provider sends a bill each month but I take my account number and pay it at their office right after the first of the month.   I am hoping that my internet provider will soon have arrangements for payment online.

s/ 50 a month?   Do wash clothes and bathe in Perrier?  Im not in the "city" but I pay s/ 4 a month for unlimited water.  If the landlord has that in the rental agreement  I'd say you're stuck.  Ask around and see what everyone else is paying.  Sounds like he's taking advantage of a gringo and there may be little you can do but show him what your neighbors are paying and argue.    good luck.

My electric bill (Hidroandina) runs about s/ 110 / month    Big refrigerator   washer  TV   and lights.

mac

Mac.

You are correct.  I am paying too much for water.   I saw the water bill which includes my water usage and that of my landlord.   I am paying for his water usage also.    I knew when I signed the contract that I was paying too much, but I wanted the apartment so I had to take the bad with the good.   John

John
How long hv you been living here (in Peruvia) ?  Ive been here (full time) for about 11 yrs.
THIS is where I have chosen to live and it is still challenging most of the time BUT ...... I'll take this over the states any day!
Its aggravating and challenging mostly b/c of  my shortcomings of      being white    being born in (somewhat) THE most affluent country in the world     my education    etc.   IF I had been born here   educated here and raised here ..... all this would be normal  every day.   11 yrs and Im still adjusting everyday.  :o
One of my pet peeves is    everything is usually the deal AFTER the deal.  If I was raised with the poverty here I'd try to squeeze every dime out of everyone too.   :o   

m

Mac.   I have been in Peru for four and a half years.   I love living in Peru because of the lifestyle.   There is no hurry.   There is no stress.  I live in a city where there is very little pollution.   The weather is as close to ideal as I can imagine.  The people treat me like family.   Often, I just wonder why I am so lucky to have found Peru.

John

I started coming here about 17 yrs ago mtn climbing and every yr my stays got a little longer and longer.  First trip I was here about 8-9 days   next yr  2 weeks  next yr 3 weeks and the it started being a cpl months and finally I said .... Im retiring and moving to Peru.   Bought land started building a house just above Huaraz and then found a nice piece of property dn the valley (north) of Hz.  Just over 8000 sq mt.  Built a hse   bought another almost connecting piece of land and we built the restaurant and hotel.  Check us out at www. intirumi.com

Now that I hv completed construction (we,ve been open about 2 yrs)  and invested ALL my retirement money etc  Kelly wants me to pack up and leave.  She doesnt love me now?
So ......... life isnt great at the moment b/c me walking away from all my retirement .... isnt going to happen.   Other than that .... looks like its going to be a beautiful day here.  Good chance of rain in the mtns this afternoon. 

Im not sure what all is seen or posted on this    but my email is ***

m

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum. You should exchange them through the private messaging system.Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello everyone,

Please note that this topic is about "Paying bills" we are getting off-topic here.

I invite you to create your own thread if you wish to share about something in particular.

All the best,
Bhavna

I pay my bills online from my BBVA account.   The main problem was getting the correct account numbers to use for making transfers and navigating the menus as my spanish is not good.  Internet and electricity are easy as I only need my account number to find the invoice and make payment.