Best cities to live in Peru

Hi,

It's not always easy to decide in which area to settle in when moving to Peru. According to you, what are the best cites to live in?

Which regions offer most of the job opportunities, a good quality of life, an affordable cost of living?

Share with us the cities you would recommend to expats and soon-to-be expats in Peru.

Thank you in advance,

Julien

cusco and any city in the sacred valley

Q'enti, there are actually more option in the Cusco region then just Cusco and the Sacred Valley, I live in Huarocondo which is outside of Cusco, but not in the Sacred Valley. and depending on the actual city, there is a wide variety of "quality of life" in your general response.

I don't believe there is any one location that will fit the bill as every location is going to be strong in some areas and weak in others, especially since everyone will have a different opinion as to what "quality of life" means. Take Lima for example, it is a big city with a lot of job opportunities and conveniences, but the cost of living there compared to other smaller cities is higher and it has the pollution, noise and crime of a big city. On the other end of the spectrum would be towns like the one I live in Huarocondo, there are few, if any job opportunities for expats, and very few conveniences, but the air is clean, the town is quiet and there is little to no crime.

Personally I like our little town of Huarocondo with its valley full of farms, the people are all friendly, the pace of life is slow and relaxed and as I mentioned above, the air is nice and clean. Considering Cusco is only about 45 minutes away we have fairly easy access to good medical facilities, supermarkets and even a new mall, but living here in the country we are not exposed to the tourism pressure that many of the towns in the Sacred Valley are. I would imagine that there are good gobs available in Cusco, and we are certainly close enough to take advantage of any that would be there as well

This may not be everyone cup of tea, and we may actually be ready for a change in a few years, but for now this Is the best city for us.