Cycling in Portugal - road cycling or mountainbiking

Hi All,

I'm relatively new to Portugal and would love to become involved in regular cycling. I love both road cycling and mountain biking and am seeking groups/individuals that could advise me on the in-and-outs of where and with who to cycle in the Lisbon area.  Also any good bike shops, upcoming events/races, and regular training groups you may know about would be of interest!

Thanks for the information!  Maybe see you on the road.

Ginger

Hello! I'm planning on being in Portugal in early to mid-May after completing the Camino de Santiago hike from March through April.

As mentioned, I'm an avid cyclist and my bikes have been gathering dust for far too long in the U.S!!!! I have always heard how wonderful cycling is in Portugal and would like very much to meet/talk with anyone who might be interested or willing to help us with this transition.

Hello! I see your question was posted some time ago. Did you ever get an answer? I just signed on to this site today and am curious if it's active. I'll be in Portugal in a few months after hiking the Camino de Santiago but..for the moment, still in the U.S.

Hello clarkalan2001,

The original poster is no longer a member of Expat.com; you won't get an answer back from him.

But you may create a topic of your own on the Lisbon forum to seek out fellow cyclists and ask for advice.

All the best,

Diksha
Team Expat.com

Hi Diksha! Thanks! I was thinking, since our time frame of arrival isn't for a few more months, that there might not be any interest in responding to my post at this time. We ran into the same thing when we stated the process from Costa Rica 3 months ago. It wasn't until I got here that people actually started responding. Unfortunately, cycling here is not the best or safest of activities!!!LOL

Thanks again!
Clark