How can my mother live with me in Mauritius?

I recently got a student visa to study for a year in Mauritius. My mom is planning to come along, and i wanted to know what is the procedure for my mom to stay in the country with me. Is a tourist visa ok? or getting a job is necessary in order for her to reside in Mauritius.

Thank you in Advance

oh and i forgot to mention, she carries an Algerian passport

Your mum cant stay unfortunately you can not have dependents on a student visa ..she can get a tourist visa but thats only 6 months of the year .. if she finds her own job meeting all the requirements then she can get her own permit and stay ..

Thank you for the reply. So she can get a tourist visa and that could be extended up to 6 months yeah?

The tourist visa is for a maximum of 6 months (180 days) in a year.

The only method she can spend a whole year is that she comes in June - stays up to December. Then moves out at the end of December and come back in January.... stay from January to June. That makes in total June to June next year.

Else she applies for a Retired permit (should be over 50 of age and able to transfer in total USD30,000 to her account in Mauritius for her own expenses).

Got it, thank you :)

Yes tourist visa

New topic

Expatriate health insurance in Mauritius

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Mauritius

Moving to Mauritius

Find tips from professionals about moving to Mauritius

Travel insurance in Mauritius

Enjoy stress-free travel to Mauritius