Nha Trang Exchange.

Hi Folks,

Where can I find the best exchange rates for Thai Bhats, Malaysian Ringuut to VND?

Thank you kindly in advance.

Have you located in Nha Trang or Saigon or any other location in Vietnam?

I have just arrived I fail to see how your post helps to answer the question of where to get best exchange rate for THB or MYR to VND.

G'day Derek,
Banks or the Gold shops are the best bet. 
However the Gold shops usually prefer USD,GBP,AUD,EURos etc etc

The rate on Baht & ringgit at the Gold shops wouldn't be much better than the banks if they took it at all.,, depends how much of those currencies you've got though.  If you've got a sizeable amount they'd certainly make an offer.  From my experience here with the Gold shops, ( I use them regularly) is that the rates these days are close to what the banks offer anyway.

There could be a problem if you want to deposit that cash into a new bank account.   They usually want proof as to how you obtained it. 🤓

Until you get secure accommodation where YOU are the only person with a key , be careful where you hide it .   Just because you live in a serviced apartment doesn't mean the staff are totally honest😆
They can smell hidden money.      Those room safes ALL have master keys as well.

But being a good Scottish lad you'll know how to hang onto your cash.😆😆😆

Good luck

Here in Vung Tau I have found the gold shops now to be on par with banks, not sure what's going on.

Yogi007 wrote:

G'day Derek,
Banks or the Gold shops are the best bet. 
However the Gold shops usually prefer USD,GBP,AUD,EURos etc etc

The rate on Baht & ringgit at the Gold shops wouldn't be much better than the banks if they took it at all.,, depends how much of those currencies you've got though.  If you've got a sizeable amount they'd certainly make an offer.  From my experience here with the Gold shops, ( I use them regularly) is that the rates these days are close to what the banks offer anyway.

There could be a problem if you want to deposit that cash into a new bank account.   They usually want proof as to how you obtained it. 🤓

Until you get secure accommodation where YOU are the only person with a key , be careful where you hide it .   Just because you live in a serviced apartment doesn't mean the staff are totally honest😆
They can smell hidden money.      Those room safes ALL have master keys as well.

But being a good Scottish lad you'll know how to hang onto your cash.😆😆😆

Good luck

Thank you kindly, and thank you kindly for the safety tip.

Love the last sentence, it has added significance considering I am half Catalan! (the Spanish say that us Catalans are Tacanyo, meaning hold on their money, Half Scottish, Half Catalan....haha!

Yogi doesn't waste the cash either.
Before he goes to bed at night he takes the batterys out of the clocks.   

Extends the battery life by nearly 40% depending on your sleeping habits.     However, should you need to purchase a step ladder to enable this process to happen.....it could be a futile exercise.