Yellow Fever

Good Day,
I'm visiting Nairobi from South Africa this coming Sunday the 17th. Is it a requirement to get a yellow fever vaccine?

Thank you
T

Contact the nearest Kenyan Embassy to you. I would have the vaccination anyway so there will be no problems when you enter the country. Make sure the doctor gives you a vaccination card to present at immigration.

It will be to re-enter South Africa, from Kenya.  Bear in mind that there is a 10 day maturity period for the vaccine. 

You can get the vaccine at Nairobi City Hall, if you miss getting in before you leave.

My own experience was that I attempted to fly to Cape Town two days before the Yellow Fever vaccine had matured (not having understood about the maturity period)............and was refused boarding, in Nairobi.  The airline said that we would not be permitted to enter South Africa immediately and the airline would be charged, either for us being quarantined, or returned to Kenya!  In the event, immigration in Cape Town never asked to see the Yellow Fever cards.

Oh, thank you :)