Close

What happens after 4 months temporary BSN, with job but no place

What happens if my RNI (non resident) / temporary BSN 4 months expires and I have a job, but still not a place to register?
Do they somehow block my BSN so my next earnings at my bank account are blocked too?

And did anyone had the situation to be in a flexible work that was not guaranteed that you could pay a monthly rent or not yet had all the savings for the rent contracts that ask for some months in advance? Could you solve it somehow? Are there any options I could apply to have more time to find something suitable before registering, or receiving a "help" to pay later with not so much more costs?

Hi - the non-resident BSN number is issued to people who work in Holland, but do not live there (i.e. do live in another country, typically cross-border workers); generally issued to allow your Dutch employer to deduct the taxes from your salary and claim any benefits/pension you may be entitled to from working there.  They are also issued to non-residents coming to work in Holland for a short period of time, so they can register/pay for health insurance.

If you live in Holland, you get a normal BSN; you use the address where you are living when you register, if you later move, then you just let the Gemeente know your new address.

Expatriate health insurance in Rotterdam

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Rotterdam

Moving to Rotterdam

Find tips from professionals about moving to Rotterdam

Travel insurance in Rotterdam

Enjoy stress-free travel to Rotterdam