What kind of driving license do I need?

I have a US driver's license.

1. Will I be allowed to drive a rental car at the Istanbul airport using my US driver's license?

2. If I later buy a car in Istanbul, can I simply use my US driver's license or must I get a Turkish driver's license?

3. If I need to get a Turkish driver's license, do I simply convert it from my US driver's license or am I required to take a written test and a driving test from scratch?

4. I see some reference to an international driving license. Do I need to get one or can I simply use my US driver's license for the questions above?

I am living in Turkey and always renting cars, the rules here that, if you have a new entry border stamp on your passport and you wish to rent or drive and have a new stamp, then, you just need an International Driving license like the one you can get it online and they will ship it to your location address by Air cargo from the International Traffic Control Association otherwise and after the first 6 months you need to register to have a Turkish driving licence which is even acceptable in all EU countries or get a new entry stamp again.