Applying for my British passport?

Hi everyone,

I'm New to your site and am finding it so interesting. 

I would like to find out if anyone can perhaps point me in the right direction in applying for my British passport?

Regards

Tyron

Are you a British citizen??
If not then you do not qualify.

My mum is British.  I do qualify to get one but everywhere I go they seem to ask for more documents and everything takes so long to get here in Cape Town.

Hi Tyron - there are different rules depending on when you were born - what year were you born?

Hi Cynic

I was born 1975.

Hi Tyron,

The process is described in this UK Gov website.  What difficulties are you incurring that we can help you with?

I have most of the forms already. but am just worried that if they ask for something again like the last time and S.A. took 9 months to get it that i am going to have to start the process all over again.  As it is I lost R5000 (+/_ 300 pounds)

As Cynic said, the GOV website is very helpful for that sort of thing and they provide a lot of useful information. The process of a British person obtaining a British passport can also be difficult if you are suspected of a crime or if a court order stops you from having a British passport so I can imagine it is very hard for someone who isn't a British citizen to obtain one. Hopefully things go smoothly and you get things sorted soon! :)

Tyron101 wrote:

I have most of the forms already. but am just worried that if they ask for something again like the last time and S.A. took 9 months to get it that i am going to have to start the process all over again.  As it is I lost R5000 (+/_ 300 pounds)

Hi Tyron,

Then you seem to know what to do, it's the bureaucracy you are struggling with; I wish you the best of luck in your journey.

Thanks for your help