EEA Family Permit

I am Filipino and married to Romanian citizen. I have resident permit in Romania with 5 yrs. validity. Presently, we are here in Portugal for seasonal job. We aare planning to move in UK because my husband has a job offer there. What are the reuirements for this case and do I need to submit a bank statement of some documents to prove that my husband will support me. Is it possible also to apply that even my husband is not yet starting his job. Thank you. I hope someone can help me.

Hello maelazau,

While browsing through the net, I came across some details regarding the EEA Family Permit: https://www.gov.uk/family-permit

You can also get in touch with the nearest embassy to have more information.

Best of luck,

Hasnaa
Expat.com Team

Hello there! You definitely need to submit your partners bank statement with enough money to show that you can be self supported until he starts the job!

StephanieGK wrote:

Hello there! You definitely need to submit your partners bank statement with enough money to show that you can be self supported until he starts the job!

No: absolutely wrong. Please do not give advice unless you actually know.

maelazau wrote:

I am Filipino and married to Romanian citizen. I have resident permit in Romania with 5 yrs. validity. Presently, we are here in Portugal for seasonal job. We aare planning to move in UK because my husband has a job offer there. What are the reuirements for this case and do I need to submit a bank statement of some documents to prove that my husband will support me. Is it possible also to apply that even my husband is not yet starting his job. Thank you. I hope someone can help me.

It will be very easy for you. The only documents needed are both your passports (to prove that he is a citizen of an EU country) and your marriage certificate. You then have a RIGHT to an EEA family permit. You will probably not need to pay a processing fee either.

I "actually know" because my partner came in the UK with an EEA Family permit as my spouse. Because I wasn't working at the time, we were both asked to provide bank statements.

StephanieGK wrote:

I "actually know" because my partner came in the UK with an EEA Family permit as my spouse. Because I wasn't working at the time, we were both asked to provide bank statements.

In which case the official dealing with your application did not follow the correct procedures and broke European law.

Dear Maelazau,
I will tell you all the documents my partner was asked for when he submitted his. It takes a bit of time to process an EEA permit sometimes.. so better be safe with extra documents, to make sure you get it with the first attempt.

Our case was a bit complicated because we were recently married, and we needed so much proof that our marriage is legitimate. Your case might be very different because you are even living together in Portugal. But just in case:

1) Marriage certificate
2) Proof that marriage is legitimate (photos together, tenancy agreements, letters, or airplane tickets, even emails etc)
3) Your husbands job offer, (a letter from his future employer, or maybe his offer email) to show that he will be exercising his Treaty Rights in the UK.
4) Bank statement (If you are not funding yourself, then the person who will fund you should consider supplying one)
5) A personal Statement from your partner, explaining the story of your relationship, and his decleration that you will join him in the uk, in a specific address or that you will be travelling together.
6) Passports, visas etc and evidence that you are allowed to be in the country in which you are applying from (in your case Portugal).

This will help you: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s … permit.pdf

Hello,

Did you get your EEA permit in your first attempt? I recently applied for mine and I have the same situation as yours. Im just waiting for the decision, Im a little bit nervous about it.

nicoleprdes wrote:

Hello,

Did you get your EEA permit in your first attempt? I recently applied for mine and I have the same situation as yours. Im just waiting for the decision, Im a little bit nervous about it.

Hi there and welcome to the Forum.

The thread you are responding to is over 3 years old and the person to who you are asking the question has not visited the Forum for over 2 years.  Perhaps you would be better off starting a new thread?

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Experts Team