Can i go to Canada and look for jobs.

hi am Rajes from Malaysia,

planing to movie to Canada, am going to take my IELTS. i have certificate in IT and Office management.

i want to know can i take visit visa stay there for a week and find work.

1. am a person with disability. (but no need any one to help me)
2. due to my education not that high
3. am moving alone
4. i have working experience.

if can go there and find work which city will be right for me ?

thank you !

Hi Selvi Raje,
Your name and photo convince me ur Indian origin!

Take IELTS and apply for Express Entry (Permanent Residency) the best way to move to Canada. PR immigrants have all the same rights and facilities except political voting. Good that you are from IT background with experience in management. Canada seem not a bad place for you.

All the immigrants live in major cities. Vancouver in BC is the most beautiful and has best weather. Less snow in winter but more rainy. Jobs are few and very expensive city. Other cities like Winnipeg, Regina, etc located in the middle of south are very cold in winter because north antartic wind blew straight down to these places in winter. But seems high in  job availability. If you will survive in north Canada, jobs are plenty and wage are high because no body want to work there. They are very cold place. BC is the warnest. Quebec is france speaking province.

So, the best i think, is Toronto. Very close to US and Canada's commercial city. It is not the worse and not the best place.

Canada think your academic certificate outside Canada (except US, UK) as inferior to their. And you will need Canadian experience to get a professional job. So whoever you are, you will start there  ZERO. Some people are fortunate enough to get good job in their immediate arrival. But that's not for everyone. Simply pick a survival job in the beginning to earned Canadian experience and later on apply for a decent job. There are however, many org/ NGO where you work as volunteer to get experience.

Canada is a cold place and her social welfare and health care system are one of the best in the world. But be prepare to pay very high tax: federal and provincial taxes. You pay huge tax and in return you get minimal free health care. Also be prepare to become a slave for few years, the very reason Canada welcome immigrants. Threre is "hidden jobs" in Canada which are given to native people.

While it invite oversea immigration to her country, why Canada strictly demands/requires Canadian work experience to job seeker including newly immigrants is an unsolved mystery...

Dr George T Haokip
)

Dr George T Haokip

thank you very much for your explanation, 
yes am original Indian girl but born in Malaysia,

once again thank you

:top: Hi Selvi,

I'm Kasturi from Malaysia as well...Planning to move to Canada with My Family (Sisters, Brother & Mather)...It's been great to see your info's and its really helpful for us...

Thank you so much

hi kasturi

nice to meet you too...

can i know where are you from in malaysia?
where are you planning to move in canada.. 

am from PJ

Hi Selvi,

I am from Puchong and working in USJ. I m thinking of doing further studies in Canada and work as part time.

However, i m still searching for a house / Apartment to stay they with family.

I m working to get details on this currently.

:top:

@sevli and @kasturi

Could you please continue your chat in PM message please.  The forum is not a chat room.  :thanks: This allows others to follow and contribute to the topic easier.

Thanks
Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

Hi Romaniac,

Thanks and will Chat in Pm Msg..

Thank you again :top: