What are the dos and don'ts of finding a job in the United Arab Emirates?

Hello everyone,

Where is the best place to start when looking for a job in the United Arab Emirates? Is it better to job-hunt by directly contacting the company of your interest, or should job-seekers rely on a recruitment agency, for example?

Are there any unique aspects that job-seekers should consider when preparing their CV/résumé and cover letter? Should a photo be included?

Do you have any tips on interview conduct in the United Arab Emirates? Are there any particulars, such as greetings or behavioural customs?

In you opinion, is knowledge of the local language or a regional language necessary to successfully apply for a job? What level of the language should job-seekers have mastered?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

That's a really good post regarding the newbies who are coming to dubai for job hunt or are already in dubai looking for job.

There are some words in the market that to having a job in Dubai you need a strong reference. I would like to mention here this is absolutely wrong concept about getting job in dubai.

All the candidate should focus on their CV. The procedure to getting a job in dubai is same like other countries, there is no difference. Most of companies in dubai have headquarters and branches in other countries so how they can change their requirement or procedure of hiring different only for this country. doesn't make any sense.

I traveled half of the world until now and worked in different continent and countries as well. Candidate should have to follow some basic tips to achieve the results.

i. make your CV according to the job you are applying for. Do not make a general cv and send to all jobs. Every job has different requirements so adjust your skills and explanation accordingly.

ii. Present yourself well in the interview. Do not panic.

iii. Search mostly the walk in interview if you are looking a quick job. Most walk in interview conduct for urgent hiring.

iv. Placing a picture in CV is good for the moment now. UAE market is mostly for Sales and Marketing purpose and most of time Human Resource department evaluate the CV with the face of the candidate as its one of the demand require for sales job specially.

v. USE some online portals like Linkedin, Bayt etc for Serious jobs. I will not recommend to go only for dubbizzle like classified website. If you are searching serious jobs then search it on serious job portals.

These are few tips for the job purpose. Never believe on things you hear from other. Do you own research first before to believe.

Best of Luck.

Its always better to come land in UAE with a job offer. If not its best to come here on a visit visa and hunt for the job.
Approach the companies directly and drop a CV with the reception or HR.
Your CV should be crystal clear with area of expertise and precise.

Hello, Ms. Priscilla
Thanks for message me. Right now I am in Dubai, really its difficulties to job any countries but here in UAE little different many jobs advertise every local news paper as well online and manpower consultancies but  don't go through consultancy because they have getting long process you may find easy jobs through local news paper.
also I looking job in Logistics Operations field. I am Indian.

If you need help me in UAE don't hesitate state contact me over email: [email protected]
where are you leaving right now.
send me about detail your.

Hi,

1) Dubbizzle is the best website in UAE for search.You can post your advertisement and find vacancies posts on daily basis.

2) Send CV to the companies mail Ids.

3) Follow the Khaleej times and Gulf news classifieds, you can find numerous vacancies.

4) Among job portals, Indeed.ae is the best.

If you need UAE companies email IDs list.Let me know, I will forward to you.

All the best.

yes as usual CV with cover letter and pest Photo.
Passport Details Visa status
Language : English Must, Arabic or Hindi Secondary
and in UAE good cities is Dubai, Abu Dhabi, and Sharjah is good
its depend upon job offer and salary package.

Hi

You can find a job vacancy through the local news paper and can apply through online.

Good post thank you very much.

according to my past experience, I had two different jobs in 6 years in dubai, before starting my own.

I did exactly the same way to get these 2 jobs,

first find job post on linkedin.com, 2nd find out the publisher of that post, finally CALL him/her and you get yourself an interview over the phone. then its upto you how to get them to like you and offer you the job.

if concern person not available, send your CV and call gain. you must make some efforts.
companies appreciate hard working.

Good luck to you all.

I am also looking for a new job, should be very soon as they dismissed my position in this downsizing merged company. Lets hand in hand, and united in prayer, Priscilla! Thanks!