What are the dos and don'ts of finding a job in Ukraine?

Hello everyone,

Where is the best place to start when looking for a job in Ukraine? Is it better to job-hunt by directly contacting the company of your interest, or should job-seekers rely on a recruitment agency, for example?

Are there any unique aspects that job-seekers should consider when preparing their CV/résumé and cover letter? Should a photo be included?

Do you have any tips on interview conduct in Ukraine? Are there any particulars, such as greetings or behavioural customs?

In you opinion, is knowledge of the local language or a regional language necessary to successfully apply for a job? What level of the language should job-seekers have mastered?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

if you can speak , write, fluent Russian and Ukrainian language than you can got job as per international job getting procedure, if you dont know national language , just only english, than you can not find job,, and for getting job also you must have legal documents

Hi friends, There are lot of MNC in Kharkiv, Kyiv and Odessa need fluent English speaking Sales managers. National language is not mandatory. If you speak fluent Russian/Ukrainian, It would be an advantage.

You can find jobs in work.ua and rabota.ua
You have to send CV and call them to find job in Ukraine.
Best of luck.

without Russian/Ukrainian language no any job, peoples who said only known english can got job, its not true, further you can try and got the result

Dear Akabr Eliya, be an optimist.  Since 2013  I have been working in Ukraine.

Actually  most of the Multi National Companies in Ukraine prefer French/English/German/Spanish speaking managers for sales/marketing/business development in other countries.

Web designer,  developer and programmer also have good scope in Ukraine. Even you can find job in call centers, If you are fluent enough.

Normally salary will be 5000 to 10000 uah.

i am living in Ukraine since 2010 and i have my own business, marketing in Ukraine how possible in English Language, ? all paperwork in Ukrainian Language, accounts, banks, tax department, all in Ukrainian, in Odessa peoples don't speak English, Kiev yes a little bit, but mostly Ukrainian Peoples don't like Europe and don't like English language, work.ua and rabota.ua both are Ukrainian websites, and there first language is Ukraine. so don't misguide peoples., Ukraine country is not for JOB, for business its good

Dear Akbar Eliya, Good to hear from you.  My best wishes to you and your business. I am living in Ukraine since 2012. I am working and also doing business. I am in international trade and Logistics/freight forwarding. What's your business ?

You are absolutely right, Ukraine is best place to do business and not for job. Because Average salary will be 200 to 400 USD approximately. Even low salary, this will be helpful for those who already in Ukraine.

Lot of Ukrainian Companies want to develop their business in other countries. So they need English/Spanish/German/French speaking managers to develop their business. Hope you understand.

Work.ua and Rabota.ua are Ukrainian websites for  finding job within Ukraine. Foreigner who already in Ukraine can find lot of English speaking jobs in these websites.

It is not advisable for those who wants to come Ukraine from abroad only to find job. Hope I am not misguiding anyone.

Hi,

the information you have provided is wonderful, thank you.  I am in senior retail management and I have also done a lot of import/export with the company I worked for here in Australia.
I am planning to move to Ukraine Next year and trying to prepare legal documents to do so.

If there are jobs that are in a sales management or similar fields then this would be awesome as it's withing the fields I have worked.
I am a native English speaker and I also speak Turkish fluently.

Any info you can help me with would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Sedat