Living in Pennsylvania

You are an expatriate living in Pennsylvania, or you used to  work and live in Pennsylvania.

Share your expat experience!

How would you describe life in Pennsylvania?

Has it been complicated to settle down, to find a job, and an accomodation? 

Is it complicated to make friends in Pennsylvania?

What would you recommend to people who would like to live in Pennsylvania?

Thanks in advance for your participation

Ive had about a year and a half here now , probably a few more to go.Historic state and at one time the nations capital Philadelphia.Extremely busy airport.
Happily where i am was settled by Scots and Germans in the old days and the roots are still very apparant.Great food and a serious attitude for good beer.
The city of Philadelphia is best known to me from the news for all the shootings,often its the police being shot at.
An hour outside the city is a different world,farms and fields , old red covered bridges , the Amish and Quakers , real olde worlde charm with the added bonus of German butchers and decent beer.
The people ive come across are decent hard working and hard drinking with a goodly touch of bigotry.
Not bigoted in any one direction but more a general bigoted view of everything and most religions or races,it can get quite confusing even for a Glaswegian.
Friendly enough while keeping an aloof distance is the neighborly way.
What i would recommend to those thinking about living in Pa is stay on the I95 til you hit Miami  :)

Pa. is just boring :)

i95 to Miami????? No Way!!!  Miami Sucks...went there once and I will never return.....PA country is good....u just have to know people out there.....

I just miss australia

MsRovena36 wrote:

Pa. is just boring :)

PA is not boring, but there are some boring people here.