Turkey or sweden?

actually i am a bit confused. my husband would like to move to sweden since he works in the IT management and auditing, and it seems life would be easy going there.
i chose istanbul since i know it almost well but i need to figure out if it is the best choice for living.
does anyone have the same problem?

A word to the wise should be sufficient. Go to Sweden. :cheers:

ARB360 wrote:

A word to the wise should be sufficient. Go to Sweden, and to any location, far north of Malmo city. :cheers:

Go to sweden of course...

Joseph nwadike wrote:

Go to sweden of course...

I'm not sure about the quoted "drift" of your response, to my very pointed reply to Zeinamsinno78's original post.

FYI ~ I post only what I factually know about, and have resided within, and traveled extensively, throughout both Turkey and Sweden.  All things considered, compared to Turkey, Sweden is definitely the easier, more sensible daily-living option, and especially for that lady, and her family's circumstances.

For example, professional Medical care, and general Health Care maintenance in Turkey, alone, is a "no contest" scenario, compared to the quality levels of Sweden. That single "fact" alone, is definitely a "no-brainer", of course. Capisce? :cool:

In addition, the average Swede (these days) speaks clear, discernible English. Conversely, in Turkey, one would be hard-pressed to find even a Pharmacist (especially within the usual "after 5pm" Eczane closing timelines), who can speak even the most basic English. Just the facts of the matter. Again, a word to the wise, or a fact-finding trip to SE Asia, should be sufficiently press the point home, of course! :cool:

Perhaps your question should be : Which country would welcome you and give  the opportunity of a good job???

By the way, we are Australian, lived all over in Asia and Eu too but love Turkey most of all!!

charlick wrote:

Perhaps your question should be : Which country would welcome you and give  the opportunity of a good job???

By the way, we are Australian, lived all over in Asia and Eu too but love Turkey most of all!!

Obviously, you folks have yet to make the Scandinavian Seminar sojourn, eh? :cool:

Been there done that, it is nice to be an academic is it not???

Greetings, and Touche'!  Presumably  you have have all the T-shirted proofs, to verify that you've actually "been there, done that", as well, eh? Good for you! Congrats, w/ applause.

However, the OP (an obvious working-class expat, w/ a family to support) was asking for a comparative (Sweden/Turkey) response, pertinent to her family's circumstances. Instead, you folks elected to provide an "off-topic" litany of your (financially-independent-person's) globetrotting experiences.

Providing the OP with any "useful" data (-i.e., specific details), to support the reasons why, regarding your professed love of Turkey, "most of all" (good for you folks, btw), would have been a more appropriate, topic specific response, instead, eh?

Fyi - these are people-to-people, information help forums, not gloating platforms. Thus, my (ahem) academic reply, to your very off-topic reply post. :cool:

Since the OP, herself, has posted no further reply comments, then any further exchanges, between the two of us, would (indeed) be ludicrous. I'm certain you'll agree, especially from an "academic" point of view, that is, eh??? Best regards; it's been fun, and Ciao! :top: :