Focus living in Tuzla/ Ist Asia, please share

Hi Everyone.

I hope all is good.

I am turning to you, as I have just accepted a job offer at a company located in Tuzla, the Asian side of Istanbul and I am terrified as it's seams to be a deserted area and the fact that it's so far away from all known areas of Istanbul is freaking me out.

Anyone who has any information about this area please share. Any kind of information will be helpful from the general such as the cleanness or the safety to activities or addresses for dance classes ( if there were any).

A big thank you

hey,
       its nice place ,i am living in this area , people are also very nice and quite place .
next to tuzla Pandik also good place for living.

Hi Ali,

Thank you a lot for your comment. but could please give more details. Perhaps give me more insights on the district.

Tuzla is a municipality in the province of Istanbul and from Istanbul to Tuzla alomost one hr travel by public transport . Basically Tuzla small town but next to Tuzla is Pandik , Kartal , Tashantape Metro .
Tuzla is on a headland on the coast of the Marmara Sea, you can find easily restaurant ,bazars , Markets as well .Asian Side Istanbul good for living,schools ,sports activities .

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Please drop an advert in the housing section.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Big thank you Ali.

Anyone else who can share a thought or two?

Hello Ferdaous,

it is really that Tuzla is far from the centers of Istanbul (Taksim, Kadıköy) but it is a nice place to live. The only disadvantage is if you go outside at night and want to turn back after midnight, it is difficult because public transports are not enough. They are busses from Kadıköy and metro (but last station is Pendik and from Pendik you have to take a bus again).
In Tuzla there is a Marina where you can find everything but there is no lots of social activities. There are some dance courses but I never went so I can not say something.
I strongly recommend you to try to live down the E5 highway because up the E5 highway, the population is very mixed and, in my opinion, not safe for a foreign woman living alone.
You can also live in Kartal or Pendik, they are also districts of Istanbul and very near to Tuzla. You can go directly by Metro to Kartal and Pendik and you can find more public transport to those districts and also more social activities.

Hi Elaleki,

Thank you very much for your kind and very insightful comment.

I am thinking to rent like  next to work because since I will be living far away then I might as well live just next to work (8 km). There is a small compound called Fi-yapi or Fi-yaka and it seams safe although I am very worried about the neighborhood.  Do you happen to know if it's up or down the E5?

Thank you

we say: Tuzla is close to Istanbul, just like beylikdüzü:D

Site itself is safe yet no one could guarantee outside. Even in the richest regions you might come across with a bad situation yet normal it shouldnt happen because you are wearing a scarf.

Hi,
As there is lots of FiYapı, ı guess it is the one which is located in Orhanli. It is up E5 and around Fi-Yapı, there are industrial zones. There is nothing to do socially but with 1 minibus you can reach Tuzla seaside or E5, where you can find public transports. FiYapı is a safe sites.
If you have other questions, please feel free to ask.

Elaleki, thank you indeed for the useful informations.

I was wondering if you know of any gym or dances classes near that area or in a place easy to reach.

Also, I am thinking their will be no proper medical care in the area right? Especially for dentists.

A big thank you

Heyyy ... i guess Tuzla is a nice place, not much is going there but if i were you i would prefere to live in area next to Tuzla if you like to go out much and enjoy maybe in samandra or sultanbeyli just to be more near to the city, but if you are not planning to go out oftenly find a place next to your work.

For safety it depend on the district that you will live in, but any how if you will live in Tuzla there wont be that much activities at late night so i guess no worries, and if you will go to Istanbul city center mostly you will use mini buses to go back and from that point you will need to take taxi which might turns a little bit expensive for you but it will be the more wize to keep it this way.

More relaxed solution, if you have friends in Istanbul city center, during the weekend you can go to Istanbul and stay with them. During the week you can hangout around your place and as mention you will be going back home during the safe hours.

I dont think there is any reason for you to freak out.. where ever you are you can understand the situation and evaluate and then implement your solution... good luck with your new job
Cheers

Dear Mohamed,

Thank you for your kind and very helpful feedback.

Hi Ms. Ferdaous,
I lived in Tuzla arround 2 years, and based on your work there and the area you are working
I see that Tuzla has many industrial Areas, some of them far,
I use to go kadikoy and Tuzla frequently, ussing two option
Metro Kadikoy to Tavsantepe, then mini bus to Tuzla.
or I take Bus 130S or 130 A from Kadikoy direct to Tuzla,

The Main Point or mark I use mostly ( Area )
name Içmeler Kuprusu
also there are other Bridge as Teresane Kuprusu,..
This road Ok and no probleme,
but if your work more far and deep in industrial area, may be It take time and effort from you, and some industrial area has a lot of dogs there which I hate and dont go there,

at Içmeler kuprusu there are Hospıtalö and Hılton Hotel, Termal Park, they have swimming pool and many other activiting,..
also the municipality and Police there, Kaymakm of Tuzla there,

Also I see there are new builing in this area and the flat there not expensive.

if you need any more details or support you can communicate with me I can speak Arabic thanks a lot.

Hi Unesalk,

A big thank you for your detailed feedback. again very helpful. 

Company will take care of transportation and they said they found a place 8 km away from work place so I guess it works. I am wondering about public transportation, will it be easy to get to other parts of Istanbul? I've seen that the train doesn't reach Tuzla yet..

Again thank you and I will reach out to you in case I would need further help.

I've lived in Pendik for over 3 years now and had to go through Tuzla to get to my work in GOSB on a daily basis. If the company is arranging your transportation, then I would recommend strongly that you stay near the last Metro station (Tavsantepe). The area is very safe and fairly active and they do have Gyms. Also it will be very easy to go to other areas in Istanbul (you can just take the metro).
There are several malls in Tuzla and you should really be close to the main public transport roads like D100.
If you share some of your interests I can be more specific about what you can do but because Tuzla is so large and has several industrial zones, if your company is in or near one, then do not stay in that area because literally there would be nothing/noone there in the evenings and weekends. Better stay in a more populated area and take the company arranged transport to your work and back. Even if you stay near the last metro station it won't be more than a 10-15 minute commute.

Hi Alamari,

Thank you your feedback, I v only just seen it.

I am staying Aydınlı Mahalles, it seams safe so far but right now I am just worried on how I can get to other parts of the city.

Could you help?  for example what would be the easiest way to reach Kadikoy.

Thank you