Any Americans previously divorced marry a Turkish Citizen?

can not be any kinder then u
seems u get hurt like me?:)

hello dear, first of all bring one paper from ministry of external affairs that you are single now, and if you want to marry then tell your fiance that book Evlendirme daire. that's it i guess, cos i got married in my home country its very tough there, here its very easy. bring all necessary docs along with you rest call American consulate in Istanbul, i am wondering why your fiance is not doing any thing here means as a  Turkish he should get info before you arrive here and make all necessary arrangements. my American friend got married here last year with Turkish girl i will ask him whats the procedure. peace

I do not want to rain on your parade but just feel i have to warn you. There are a lot of men here in turkey that would say and do just about anything to ANY girl from USA in order to get them to marry them just so that they can get a green card. A lot of them are already married when they do this. Here you can get married officially - which is registering with authorities like you want to do and another way is just going to an IMAM (equavalant of a priest)and marry there. Now I have to tell you this is how they trick you - the foreigner- into thinking they are still single when in fact they are not.Most of them marry with an Imam and this marriage is hardly ever registered with the authorities and legally not binding. So in order to have a better life for not only him - but his family too- they "marry" foreigners the LEGAL and REGISTERED way (and they can do this since their other marriage was never registered) and go to USA with her.Then as soon as he gets his GREEN CARD - he leaves the foreigner and gets his REAL family over there... I have to explain, for most here the REAL marriage is the one in front of the IMAM and the registered one they do not consider as REAL but only as a formality. I have to tell you this because I have seen so many heartbroken women from overseas since I came here in 1999. Just be very careful is all i want to say:)

marleysa wrote:

I do not want to rain on your parade but just feel i have to warn you. There are a lot of men here in turkey that would say and do just about anything to ANY girl from USA in order to get them to marry them just so that they can get a green card. A lot of them are already married when they do this.

I have seen this many times. I have even heard men bragging about it. They have had maybe 2 or 3 wives. :rolleyes:

today the imam ask also municipality wedding , because so many men are not serious  with the girls there are doing just only islam wedding for not make shame them family and after easy to Broke up!!!
Btw, you should wedding municipality and imam wedding.
And all turkish guys there are not looking for only papers, sometimes it s love, that s all

Good luck

YasmineParis wrote:

...And all turkish guys there are not looking for only papers, sometimes it s love, that s all...

it is the same everywhere...good pay for bad guys :/

imam wedding? forget it! its archaic!

Archaïc? It is a joke?
So, Christian people they should n t do wedding in Church?
And juif people they shouldn t do wedding in synagogue?
Come on!!!!

I think your next sentence will be " there's no harm in marrying 4 women"...

marleysa wrote:

I do not want to rain on your parade but just feel i have to warn you. There are a lot of men here in turkey that would say and do just about anything to ANY girl from USA in order to get them to marry them just so that they can get a green card. A lot of them are already married when they do this. Here you can get married officially - which is registering with authorities like you want to do and another way is just going to an IMAM (equavalant of a priest)and marry there. Now I have to tell you this is how they trick you - the foreigner- into thinking they are still single when in fact they are not.Most of them marry with an Imam and this marriage is hardly ever registered with the authorities and legally not binding. So in order to have a better life for not only him - but his family too- they "marry" foreigners the LEGAL and REGISTERED way (and they can do this since their other marriage was never registered) and go to USA with her.Then as soon as he gets his GREEN CARD - he leaves the foreigner and gets his REAL family over there... I have to explain, for most here the REAL marriage is the one in front of the IMAM and the registered one they do not consider as REAL but only as a formality. I have to tell you this because I have seen so many heartbroken women from overseas since I came here in 1999. Just be very careful is all i want to say:)

I think this experience of yours comes from the people you are involved with. I have never experienced such a thing. Instead, I know American women marrying Turkish men, settling down in Turkey, and living happliy ever after...

Why not, If they are muslim

I just give one tip to the europ or America grils, if they wedding  with turkish men or other they should do both, municipality wedding and islam, not only islam.

The problem is not in religious mariage, but in being content with it...

Hoca wrote:

I think your next sentence will be " there's no harm in marrying 4 women"...

I wonder if this is possible in Turkey :rolleyes: