Work Visa From Pakistan Requirement

Hi Syed,

This is SYed Jawad Ali.

I am planning to apply for Germany work visa from Karachi, I have a job offer from  Hamburg Company.

Do I need to show Accomodation, IELTS and Block bank account?

PLease confirm me on Facebook or whatsapp

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum. You should exchange them through the private messaging system.Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Please do not post personal contact details on the open forum. It can be abused and is thus not allowed.

As far as I know, you don't need accommodation and blocked account for a work visa, but please ask your nearest German embassy to confirm.
IELTS (International English Language Testing System) is not needed in Germany in any case, as we speak German, not English!

Hi beppi,

Thanks for your reply.

Accommodation, blocked account, IELTS or German Language is required for Job search visa from Pakistan.

I need to know what actually questions and requirements ask by interviewer.

But you asked about work visa, not job seeker visa!

Yes, What would be the requirements for job search visa.

I found the following with a short Google search (and so could have you!):

To get a Job Seeker Visa (JSV), you need
- a recognised (by German authorities) university degree
- 5 years applicable work experience
- a letter explaining why and how you plan to find a job and what you will do if you can't find one
- sufficient funds to finance your stay (usually around €750/month -please note that you will probably need more!)
- health insurance during your stay
- accommodation during your stay

None of this is required for a work visa - only a job offer by a German company (and a positive chack that you aren't taking a job an EU national could do).
Language skills are not a requirement for the JSV or work visa, but without understanding German you are unlikely to find a job.

Ok Thanks.

What If I show them Offer letter while at interview at consulate.

Pls advise.

Thanks

If you have an offer from a German company willing to employ you, you should apply for a work visa.
If you haven't, and want to visit Germany to apply for jobs, you need to apply for JSV.

What about language requirement for JSV? Should go for IELTS or A1 Language?

I already answered that, twice. Did you actually read my messages above?
Again:
IELTS is useless in Germany, as German is spoken here, not English.
There are no German language skills required for the visa, but without at least B1 or B2, you might not find a job.

But our Company is FMCG distribution in Germany and majority people are expat there.

I have to differ with Beppi's comment. There are not lots of jobs conducted in English in Germany but they do exist. And if so, the person should have good English, especially if they are not native English speakers. There are often posts here by people frustrated at not finding a job here although they speak no German and their English is not really good. The standard of English is in Germany is quite high. One should consider that employers have a pick of many native speakers available.

But Syedjawadili asks what questions will be asked in an interview. What kind of question is that? How would anybody possibly know? - other than that one would be expected to be competent in the field the job is in and to tell what experience and education they have that pertains to the subject. One might as well expect to be told the winning lottery number before one plays the lottery…

While the exact questions to be asked in an interview very much depend on the industry, company style and personal preferences of the interviewers (as Tom said above), there are some general guidelines that mostly apply:
German employers want you to convince them. It is not enough to show that you are willing to join them. You need to do more!
After talking to you, they must believe that you are better than all other applicants and that it is in their own interest to hire you and no-one else. Also, you must explain why you want to join this company and no other.
This is hard, and needs very good preparation and research. Do not send copy & paste applications in Germany - if you want them to not land in the waste bin, you must customize every single one such that they see you have good knowledge about their company and you could be an asset to them. This is especially true for non-EU foreigners, who can only be hired if there are no similarly skilled EU applicants.
Good luck - you need that, too!

Hi Tommi,

Thanks for your brief reply. We have a german distribution company in Germany by India and Pakistani employer. I have been promised to come here and we will arrange a job position for you.

But that's a personal thing between me and my future employer.

But thing is Consulate doesn't believe on such things. They want their requirements for the Visa. Block account with maintenance money. Language certificate either Ielts Or German language.

I am looking forward other experiences who had been gone through with the same situation.

Thanks.

syedjawadali wrote:

Hi Tommi,

Thanks for your brief reply. We have a german distribution company in Germany by India and Pakistani employer. I have been promised to come here and we will arrange a job position for you.

But that's a personal thing between me and my future employer.

But thing is Consulate doesn't believe on such things. They want their requirements for the Visa. Block account with maintenance money. Language certificate either Ielts Or German language.

I am looking forward other experiences who had been gone through with the same situation.

Thanks.

Number 1, don't address me as Tommi. This now sounds like you have been guaranteed a job so why would you ask about job interview questions?  And the things that come in question as far as the visa goes should be facilitated by the employer. There is usually a requirement that a company in Germany has to show that they could not find a qualified citizen of the EU to fulfill the position before hiring from elsewhere. For specialized jobs where it is known that there is a lack of such qualified people, it is probably pretty straight forward. Sounds like you should be addressing any such questions to the employer and not here. A number of things you are saying don't really make sense to me, maybe a problem of communication...

syedjawadali wrote:

I'd find it doubtful that the consulate would ask for a IELTS certificate, when German is the national language, which has been emphasized several times already,

Sorry Tom, for name mistake.

I totally understand what you are trying too say.

My thread is specifically for JSV visa from Pakistan. Which has certain requirements then you have to answer cross questioning by visa officer.

Yes, in Work visa employer should arrange visa and PR things.
But in JSV visa I have to convince visa officer how I will survive and find a suitable job In Germany. What is my strategy in short.

Thanks

Hi,

I am saying after reading requirements from official consulate page and JSV section.

Either IELTS or German language.

Hi Beppi,

Yes you are right, this is the reason. That's why employer can't call me directly. Because I dont have special skilled which is very rare in Europe.

I am in a business administration and export business.

So you have a job offer, which you cannot get a work visa for and therefore cannot accept - and then you still want to come to Germany on JSV to look for another job?
I am trying to guess here, since your postings are not clear.
One more hint: Avoid such opaque communication at all cost when dealing with German officials (incl. embassy) and companies! Germans like to talk openly and directly and expect others to do likewise.

And again, I cannot imagine a German embassy asking for IELTS - it's about as strange as Pakistanis asking for Hindi skills to get a visa! Why don't you contact the embassy and ask diirectly?

May be I am wrong but so far I come to know this person has been trapped by some human trafficker or agent who gave him a job offer letter with some amount being paid to him that's usual it happens in some countries . i once contact the Austrian Embassy for JSV , the counsel replied me in email with the word So-Called Job seeker Visa I realized later why they call it so ..My be mr. Syed got tricked . By the way did he get the Visa or not

Jawad,
There is no requirement of IELTS or German and not written on web of embassy.

Erphan wrote:

Jawad,
There is no requirement of IELTS or German and not written on web of embassy.

This thread is from 2017, not much sense to respond to it now.

[Post under review]

Snhkdf: This is an English language forum. In order to enable the (English-speaking) moderators to do their job, no other language is allowed. Thus your post will be removed.
But since I understood your post in German: To find an internship in a German hospital, you must contact suitable hospitals. How can an Internet forum like this help you?