Tax Identification Numbers

Hello- we are resident in the UK but live in France for c 5 months of the year. We have a French bank account to pay our bills. The money comes from the UK where we pay tax. We do no work in France- in fact retired. Recently HSBC have asked us in a demanding manner for out Tax ID numbers (TIN). Are we obliged to give them? We think its info gathering to try and sell to us.  Any advice from those that know ?
Thank you


Our French bank (Crédit Agricole) had us fill out a form recently (I forget why, but possibly just to fix our address); it had a blank for our TIN. We don't have French numbers yet, so couldn't oblige - it didn't seem to be a problem.


New topic

Expatriate health insurance in France

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in France

Moving to France

Find tips from professionals about moving to France

Travel insurance in France

Enjoy stress-free travel to France

Flights to France

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to France

2 million members!

Watch later