Kitab visa

I've been married to an indonesian spouse since 2009, I would like to know if I can apply directly for the kitab visa and by pass the kitas which will enable me 5 years stay rather than 1 year with multiple entry

Thank you

I have recently asked the same question at immigrasi (Surabaya). They said no as based on the regulations. The commencement of the KITAS will be the day of your re-entry once you have transferred from the short term visa (based on the telex approval and your nominated consulate- use Penang or Singapore) installed in your passport and reported directly to immigrasi. Don't forget to log online and register (instructions on the bottom of the telex approval page- and print a copy of that approval)  Your STMD at the Police Station and the SKTT from the local civil registry can then be applied/issued as part of the residence process. The KTAP can be applied after holding the KITAS for 3 years. Hope this helps- I am living through the process as we speak. 👍🏻

Just to confirm
KITAP after 3 years or instead of the third KITAS?

It was 2 KITAS then to KITAP for persons married to an Indonesian but that's all done with for me so I'm out of date.

I'm assured Singapore is a good place to get the telex but it can be done almost anywhere, my choice was KL but that was because I could visit some friends not for reasons concerned with the visa.

Agree with Fred. Must have KITAS and two renewals prior to KITAP. And generally 2 KITAP = the minimum requirement for residency application but that's a different thread/discussion. Like Fred I chose Malaysia (Penang Georgetown in my case) and the service was excellent and quick (just one day). Mixing the trip as a holiday and visa business is definitely the way to go. Our family KITAS was done from Sby so it may be different for jakarta residents obtaining the telex approval (we used an agent) as you can do this transaction in person. Make sure you ring the external consulate of your choice as each can have differing paperwork requirements and dress regulations for entry into that consulate. Hope this helps. Dave

Dress is a good point.
Long trousers and a shirt with collar should be fine (No T shirts) and a tie won't hurt.
Shoes, not sandals.

Also, dress up your manners - very polite is always good.