Close

Job Hunt in Manila

Hello, my name is Paula. I am currently finishing my Masters degree in Policy in Prague and am conducting research on language in education policy in the Philippines. I am planning on moving to Southeast Asia at the start of October 2017 and am eagerly looking for a job in Manila. Does anyone have any tips on how I could start searching? Thank you kindly

Hello Paula:

Have you considered online teaching?  Check out Good Air Language online.
If you are interested, there is a Chinese online teaching company that pays $16/hr. that may be worth investigating. Lessons conducted via Skype.

Let me know.  Unfortunately, employers in the Philippines don't pay much. I have 2 Masters degrees and found that a physical commute job was a dead end for myself.   

I was hired recently by what I thought was a French company paying 10 pound sterling/hr to native English speakers.  When it came to the interview, the interviewers were out of Manila and I got the job. It was Corporate Trainer teaching English online to foreign execs.  With my biz background, I would love to teach execs English. But the pay was only $6/hr. Haha. I didn't accept.     Regards Peter

Expatriate health insurance in Manila

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Manila

Moving to Manila

Find tips from professionals about moving to Manila

Travel insurance in Manila

Enjoy stress-free travel to Manila

Flights to Manila

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Manila