Recognition of foreign qualifications in Croatia

Hello everyone,

Were your professional qualifications recognised in Croatia? What country did you complete your qualifications in? What profession are you in?

Did you have to go through any formalities to get your qualifications recognised, such as to have them translated?

If your qualifications weren't recognised, were there any additional tests or exams you had to complete before you were able to practice your profession in Croatia or continue with your studies?

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Priscilla

When I first came here in 1999 my US bachelors degree was not recognized. I was told it needed to be nostrified and that the fee would come to around $500 with the nostrfication fee and translation by a sworn translator.

In the end, the fee went down, and after securing my transcripts with course description for each of the classes - all translated into Croatian- then verified by a sworn translator- I received nostrification.

Croatia is quite strict in general about documents. My birth certificate needed to be translated and an the city clerk required an Apostille- issued by the Secretary of State- confirming its authenticity.

Despite the paper trail involved it was worth it to me to have it done. I can now apply for jobs reload bachelors degree in economics- though in the end I became a sworn translator- which required an advanced degree. In short, without the
Nostrification I wouldn't be where I am today - a successful translator and interpreter.

So my advice - if you're already here, just take care of getting your degree recognized so you can make a good living:)