The best things to discover in Singapore

Hello everyone,

What have you discovered in Singapore that you would recommend to other expats?

Are there any places that you enjoy visiting on the weekends, be it areas of natural beauty or shopping malls? Are there any Singaporean dishes that you would recommend?

What are some of the best activities in Singapore?

Are there any unique customs or places you were introduced to by locals that you think other expats might be interested in? Are there any local festivals that expats might want to get involved with?

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Priscilla

Singapore is quite a nice country...There's so much natural tourists spit to visit like pulau ubin, Bedok park , wet island and these are for those some sort of adventurous and like to explore the jungle. Marina Bay Sands and Clark Quay are the most visited of expats especially if you are funny night activities...

About festival, I thus so called dragon boat festival in which there are some competition for boat racing and dragon dance..

This is only I can share for I haven't explore yet the Singapore. But the good things is you don't have to worry about crimes here...because this place is in high security.

When I train new hires from overseas, I like to buy them curry puffs from Old Chang Kee. This local snack is unfamiliar, but they always enjoy them. The lady at the stall recognises me and knows that I will buy at least one curry puff from her. Yum!

I lived in Singapore for 12 years and the main thing I discovered was myself. And my wife.

beppi wrote:

I lived in Singapore for 12 years and the main thing I discovered was myself. And my wife.

... and how to give people advice on expat.com!  :top:

Thanks, I appreciate your positive feedback!