The best things to discover in Brazil

Hello everyone,

What have you discovered in Brazil that you would recommend to other expats?

Are there any places that you enjoy visiting on the weekends, be it areas of natural beauty or shopping malls? Are there any Brazilian dishes that you would recommend?

What are some of the best activities in Brazil?

Are there any unique customs or places you were introduced to by locals that you think other expats might be interested in? Are there any local festivals that expats might want to get involved with?

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Priscilla

What have you discovered in Brazil that you would recommend to other expats?

Are there any places that you enjoy visiting on the weekends, be it areas of natural beauty or shopping malls? Are there any Brazilian dishes that you would recommend?

Try the food. There are very delicious things here to eat. All different types of dishes with fish
Also many beautiful sites. The falls in the South  christ the redeemer , Sugar Loaf.

What are some of the best activities in Brazil?

I love to watch Beach Volleyball and soccer.

Are there any unique customs or places you were introduced to by locals that you think other expats might be interested in? Are there any local festivals that expats might want to get involved with?

I like the Jazz Festival in Santa Teresa ES

Caipirinha

Boa Festival and someone who is courteous  driving, a good Long Island Ice Tea, a good way to get Ice Cream home and somebody who can make a Pepperoni Pizza. That's my Rant. Oh and Beef with marbling and a decent rack of spareribs. /lol

My favorite thing about Brazil is that the people are more focused on family and friendships than on material possessions. It sounds like a cliche, but it really is true that Brazilians are very warm and friendly people. The people that I know here all live very simple lives, but they are very happy. My wife has an enormous family (six uncles and six aunts ... which translates to 40+ cousins and 60+ second cousins).

We spent last weekend at an uncle's "beach house" (which really wasn't near the beach ... but it was about an hour outside the city and wasn't a farm ... so they call it "uma casa de praia"). We celebrated a cousin's 30th birthday. About 40 people showed up (some relatives, some friends). The kids spent the entire weekend in the pool. The adults did a BBQ (amazing!) and drank a little.

I'm still learning Portuguese. One 6 year old boy came and told me (in English), "I can count to ten!" And then he did. He wouldn't tell me his name, so I said, "Your name is cookie monster." (He was eating a lot of cookies.) For the rest of the weekend, he followed me around saying, "My name is cookie monster." Over and over. Other young cousins would ask me how to say this or that in English, and I would ask them how to say something in Portuguese. It was so awesome!

So, my favorite thing about Brazil is family and friends.

Patience? ????

DeTran!

A Warm Shower with the option for a Cold shower (lol), Some one who has Good Driving Skills and practices them. A quality Napkin. A Quality Paperbag.  A Light  Weight Cast Iron  pot or Pan. A Quality Garden Hose. Hot Water for washing Dishes and Clothing, A Quality Dishwashing Liquid.

The Brazilian Sing Alongs (better than Karaoke) and Loud Distorted Music.
Tough Beef pressure cooked.
Love Beans and Rice, have to Fry my Chicken (lol)
Dogs and Cats.
Refuse Pick up days.
Daily Shopping for Frsh  Vegetables and Fruits..