Close

Salary for INGO worker in Yangon

Hi there Yangon expats!

I'm applying for a couple of positions with INGO's in Yangon, and for both of them I need to negotiate my own salary. Healthcare and housing would not be included.  I have 4-5 years experience in project management.

What kind of salaries can INGO workers with this level experience expect in Yangon, bearing in mind that I would need to cover housing costs, which I understand can be around $700 a month for a decent 1 bed?

Thanks a lot!

Hi,

Please let me know your experience in Project Management, from which country are you from.

Rgds
Prasad

hi, i think you may be able to find a one bed with 700$s if you are not too picky about location and flats easily..but bear in mind that you need to pay minimum 6 month in advance or 12 months (1 year advance payment requested in general).
i don't know how much you were getting as INGO in other countries as PM, but i think you should ask similar amount + accommodation...If you are going to stay in  Yangon, living expenses are not cheap and you will probably spend 1000 to 1500$ per month if you are going to eat outside.
Good luck,
cheers

Expatriate health insurance in Myanmar

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Myanmar

Moving to Myanmar

Find tips from professionals about moving to Myanmar

Travel insurance in Myanmar

Enjoy stress-free travel to Myanmar