Marriage

is there a religious muslim marriage different from that one with embassies envolved?

Which is the one where the embassies are Involved?

I am looking for fellow Mexicans who are currently living in Bulgaria.  I would like to know the procedure in going there.

In most countries, religious weddings do not have an legal relevance (and are seen as mere optional ceremonies). Only official marriages, registered with the authorities, count. Also, international recognition of marriages is a complicated field with each country having its own regulations. A religious marriage from a country where it is recognised des not mean another country will recognise it - and it s very well possible to count as married in one country and not maried in another (this is called "limping marriage" and is not a desirable status as it has confusing and often very negative consequences).
Embasies are not usually involved in marriages and canot usually wed somebody.

beppi wrote:

In most countries, religious weddings do not have an legal relevance (and are seen as mere optional ceremonies). Only official marriages, registered with the authorities, count. Also, international recognition of marriages is a complicated field with each country having its own regulations. A religious marriage from a country where it is recognised des not mean another country will recognise it - and it s very well possible to count as married in one country and not maried in another (this is called "limping marriage" and is not a desirable status as it has confusing and often very negative consequences).
Embasies are not usually involved in marriages and canot usually wed somebody.

thank you Beppy. i don't care a lot about it's legal relevance :D for now, i just want to be religiously married inside Egypt until we finish the official legal marriage registrations. is that possible??
I am egyptian and he is a foreigner.

Wel, then you better post on the Egypt forum to find out what the possibilities for a religious wedding ceremony are there.

Closed

Meet other expats and join the events

OR