Dependent visa Application - time line

Hi All,

I am currently living in Antwerp since Jan 2016 , i have applied dependent visa for my wife (she is in INDIA) and the document is sent to Belgium for the approval. How much will it take for the approval.

Regards,
Melki Anderson

Current turn around time is 4-5 months as I hear.

Yes, it took four months for us .
Date of application : 21 Jun 2016
Date of the registration of the visa application at foreign office (Brussels) : 14 Jul 2016
Date of decision (approval) : 12 oct 2016

It can differ for person to person.

Good luck

Hi,
Could you please let me know process for extension of dependent visa for my wife. Its till Oct this year- but i need to get it extended till Next year March.
Thanks,
PRANAY

I assume she is in Belgium with you and has her residence permit.

She needs to go to the local town hall or  commune and ask for an extension of residence permit. Commune will suggest what documents are needed. Usually it is your residence permit, your latest 3 payslips, an insurance undertaking and CPAS document.

Thanks AneeshKS for the information.
She is here with me, her Visa is valid till Oct-17 however the residence card issued from Local townhall is valid till Mar-18.
Do I still need to renew her visa ? If so, shall I directly connect with townhall  or to consulate?

Thanks,
PRANAY

It has been mentioned many times in this forum.. D type visa is just for initial entry for long stay. Once residence permit is received, that is your visa thereafter. You need to go to the commune only to renew the residence permit.

Hi Melki Anderson,

Is your dependent visa request is approved?  If Yes, how much time it took?

Melki Anderson wrote:

Hi All,

I am currently living in Antwerp since Jan 2016 , i have applied dependent visa for my wife (she is in INDIA) and the document is sent to Belgium for the approval. How much will it take for the approval.

Regards,
Melki Anderson

Hello,

Is your dependent visa request is approved?  If Yes, how much time it took?

Same here my documents also sent to belgium and I heard it takes 3 to 4 months

Hi
My wife is portuguese citizen I am an Indian. We plan to move Belgium or Netherlands. Need to know if I can work on dependent permit there. Or have to get special work permit?

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/767/32463804664_07cc7a9174_z.jpg

Mohamedbaksha wrote:

Hi
My wife is portuguese citizen I am an Indian. We plan to move Belgium or Netherlands. Need to know if I can work on dependent permit there. Or have to get special work permit?