Sulaymaniyah tips and daily insights

Hi

Iv been recently offered a job in the city looks for some safe spots to spend my time away from work. Any locations and activities you would recommend?

The city is very safe, and the dollar does well here if that's what you like.  Do NOT expect the modern living that you've grown accustomed to in Ireland, though.
There is not a debit card system, no franchise restaurants (other than Pizza Hut in the mall), and the infrastructure is not designed for walking or exercise.

Also, there are very nice people, but if you are "different", you will get stares but no harassment.  The weather is extreme as it gets extremely hot and extremely cold.  You will not be able to drink water from the tap.  You will have to buy it.

The cuisine here is wonderful; however, it should be home cooked.  The restaurants here mostly all have the same cuisine...just with a different name.  You'll see that the chicken has the same cut and is often tougher to eat than in the west.  The pizza here is fine, but get it without sauce because they use ketchup here as pizza sauce which makes the pizza disgusting.

The people are helpful and friendly, but try to learn as much Kurdish as possible.  Many here understand very little English.  I can give you numbers of English speaking cab drivers if you like.

I probably won't be here much longer.  I am convinced that I need to be back in the west.  I admit that I like modern living.

Hello there..
Can you please advise about living cost in Sulaymanyeh ?