Spanish girl in Beijing!

Hi everyone!
I'm new here! My name is Beth and I moved to China to work as au pair in Qingdao (yes, I know...really strange... it was just an idea!!) I'm not really good with this chinese family... I lose my freedom! Then I decided to look for options to do in China. I want to move to Beijing, to meet people and to rent a room or a flat... and of course a job!!
All information can help me! I need an alternative! With this family here I'm really in a box!!!! I know that China can be a good place to live and I can enjoy this time here!! :)
I hope everything goes well for all of you!! :)
Bet

hello =)  check your inbox please

Welcome to Expat.com  Beth :)

People!
Now I don't need to do interchanges with people who wants to speak english with me. I just need information about Beijing, if it's easy to find a job, an apartament and nice people there. If someone can help me in this way i will be glad! Just this.

Hi Bet 2011, welcome on Expat-blog! :)

I suggest you to view the "Life in China" guide. You will find information about how to find a job in China and accommodation in China..

I wish you good luck in your search and i hope you will make lots of new contacts on the site.
Christine

Bet 2011 wrote:

People!
Now I don't need to do interchanges with people who wants to speak english with me. I just need information about Beijing, if it's easy to find a job, an apartament and nice people there. If someone can help me in this way i will be glad! Just this.

I need to know what kind of job you want to find. rent a room or a flat is more expensive than qingdao,but it depends where,and my aunt is do the business about rent room and sell second- hand house so I can help you a lot about this. I'm glad to help,if you need anymore information,you can let me know.

Bet hi,

one the one hand this is a public forum so maybe not a good idea to post too much private info, but hard to make any suggestions without knowing more about you and your qualifications.

I assume you have checked the job sections of the various forums and the websites of the expat mags.

Not quite au-pair but similar in concept have looked at Homestay options?  ie free room and board and you need to speak English for X hours per week to the the family.

hi beth,

There are lots of job in Beijing and it all depends on what you are capable of doing and your
education and experience background.

There are lots of language schools in Beijing looking for English Language teacher, you may
wish to find out from the website. 

Good luck.

regards,
J Edward

quite general question, so I will try my best to answer.

I have been to Qingdao before, and the biggest difference between the two cities to me is: Qingdao is more of a relaxation, holiday vacation, and laid back city (more homogenous, too), while Beijing is like a bee hive but of 50 different species of insects trying to survive from each other.

On one hand, Qingdao is easier going but can be boring after a while, and Beijing is fast-paced plus a lot of pressure on all aspect of life, but also more exciting and more opportunities - for a young professional at least.

Good luck with your decision; maybe you should just take a weekend trip when you have time and check it out yourself.

Ryan

Hi everyone!
first, I want to say thanks for all of your answers!
Christine, thanks for the suggestion, sure this guide can help me!

Actually, I'm looking for a job like teach spanish or use my mother language to work in some place. I'm teacher in Spain, but in a primary school, kindergarden and with disability children. Also I'm actress. I'm not looking for a job with children. But I like to teach and I speak spanish... I think that's the easiest way to find a job: to teach a language. Maybe I can't see more possibilities, tell me!

Ryan, I have been in Beijing. I know more or less this city. And you are right, Qingdao is quite, is a very good place to live... but I want the possibilities of a big city like Beijing, although Qingdao has lots of possibilities it's quite boring...

When I have a job and the way to change my visa, I will look for an apartment or a room. Thanks Zhangyuxiang if you can help me to find this! :)

Thank you everyone!
Bet

Hola ! Soy Christian, un Chileno viviendo en China.

Did you find a solution to your problems ?

I live in Ping Hu, is a small city one hour south of Shang Hai.

Suerte.