1st trip to Beijing

Hi, I will be travelling to Beijing in the 1st/2nd week of Sept for work, and beside work, Im looking to spend some leisure time hanging around. This will be my first trip to China, and due to the nature of my job, I will be travelling to Beijing and other cities too very often in the near future.

Ideally, I will love to do some volunteering work there, such as care for the animals or brightening up some kids day, or getting to know some villagers (if there's any).

In addition, it will be great if I can have the opportunity to make some friends, both locals and expats are welcome.

I crossing my fingers to see if there is any kind souls out there willing to explore the city with me? :)

Hello smurfzzz and welcome to Expat.com!

For the volunteering work, you should post an advert in Beijing classifieds > community section/ Clubs, associations, volunteers.

It may help.

I hope that you will have a nice stay,
Harmonie.;)

Hi Harmonie, thanks for the warm welcome.

Beside volunteering work, Im also trying my luck here to see if I could find any nice people here in Beijing to hang out with :)

I'm sure that if you become active on the forum, you'll get a lot of nice contacts.;)

Hi,

I am in Dalian, but still wish you good luck in Bejing. And some day if you'd like to take a trip in Dalian, then you could contact me. Agian, enjoy yourself in China!!!

Best regards,

Michael

Ni Hao,

I just moved to Bejing for at least a year. I am living and working in Haidian district (Northwest Beijing). Feel free to contact me and perhaps we can meet up in person.

Ben

Hi michaelchiu,

Dont think Im going to Dalian, till Im familiar with Beijing, but I'll keep it in mind :)

Hi Ben,

I should be in Haidian area too. Do you have a local no or email to contact? I will buy a local prepaid sim card upon touch down, any service provider to recommend?

Hey smurfz singaporean mate, I'm travelling to BeiJing also 2nd wk Sept, had signed up a trip to Greatwall 10Sept Sat, if you would like to join.  t

Hey tong, what a pity, I'll be flying off on 10th~~~

yes, a pty. check this out on your avail weekend, since GW is like a must do for all, at least it looks interesting to me
theschoolhouseatmutianyu.com

Hi, S

I am a native beijinger, and i live in beijing for 25 years. So if u have any problems about the city, it is pleasure for me to help.

Finally book my hotel which is beside Mei LanFang theatre, CheGongZhuang subway.

May I know how is the neighbourhood there? Is it safe to travel around in the night? And where is a good place for food around that area? Is that place considered central and convenient?

oh...want to have a look of beijing together,but unfortunatly I am in Australia now and cant be back for a while...