Yoga classes and Mandarin classes?

Hi guys,

Do you know any English yoga classes near Haidian or Wudaokou? I plan to enroll Mandarin classes too but seem so difficult to find a good one. Too many choices.

Thanks!

Yup, lots of Chinese schools in China :)

What sort of budget do you have for your Chinese lessons? Does it have to to be in Haidian or Wudaokou?

Hi Manlin,

I leave near Haidian and Wudaokou. It's a lot more convenient for me. Would be great if its at Wudaokou. I've tried big classes but it didn't work for me. Currently doing one-on-one but my tutor isn't very good. Want someone who has a planned lesson and not just jump from one lesson to the other.  Right now, I'm paying 50 yuan per hour and takes 2 hours everyday except on weekends.

Thanks a lot!

Hi,

For some people they prefer Chinese private classes, which makes sense because of the focus and concentration you receive in a private class that perhaps gets lost in a group class. However private classes need a certain structure and organisation to it, or it can just become a conversation with no focus.

Be careful as so many 'Chinese teachers' now a days advertise on the Beijinger, you're never really sure who you are going to meet and commit to studying with! If you can try and go through an established organisation to find a private teacher, this will make sure that all the material is official and there is structure to your]personal language course.

The Yoga Yard is a good place to practice yoga, however it is in Sanlitun.

Hello cultureyard!

You're right and thanks for the info.