Currently living in UK, London looking to move to Romania, help?

Hi, I am Sam 23 from London, I work in the antique trade and I do part time computer hardware engineering

What sort of jobs could I find in Romania? I have several romanian friends and would love to live there myself, I have been interested for many years and I would love to make some friends while I am at it.

Is there any opportunities for someone like me?

Hi Sam,

There are a few issues. Firstly, I suppose you don't know Romanian, which really narrows down the possibilities. Knowing only English isn't really enough as so many Romanians speak great English. If you know another language fluently, especially a less common one, you might be able to get an entry-level job in IT support (not knowing Romanian wouldn't present a problem) at a call centre, especially as you have some background in hardware. If your hardware skills are exceptional, you might even find something along those lines, but again, it's an area where there's an abundance of talent in Romania.

If I were you, I would look through sites like ejobs, bestjobs and hipo to get an idea of what the market is like. At the moment, at least, as you're still an EU citizen and you can move here and get hired without any major hassles (no permits needed, you only need to register your arrival and get a CNP, which is the Romanian equivalent of a national insurance number, for tax purposes) but after Brexit comes into effect, you could find your position in less tenable.

An entry-level IT support job probably pays around the 2000-2500 lei/month/net mark, which is ok, but you won't be living like a king. It'd be enough to pay rent for a modest studio flat, pay the bills, get some food in (easier if you don't mind shopping at the local markets and can cook at home) and a few lei left over for a night out or two.

Hi Samuel,
i am an International IT Recruiter for a software company in Bucharest. My main job is to bring people from abroad Romania to work in IT.
If your skills are good enough you can earn more than 2500 de lei, just to give an example- for Senior IT in some specific technologies we pay even 2500 eur ( we relate everything to EUR but they are payed in local currency RON). To have a good life in Bucharest you can manage with 1500 eur. So, if you need support and a piece of advice please let me know. Of course having you CV with relevant experience  in IT will be great.
Have a good day!
All the best,
Cristina

Hello

I'll move to Bucharest to work in Otopeni Aiport, since I'll bring my wife together. She wanted to gt a job in Bucharest. She is Actuarial Analyst and Data Analyst. Could you help us?