Close
Follow all our news on Facebook!

work salary - 1000euros, how much will i get after taxes?

Hello :cheers:  iam thinking about taking a jobb offer i got in Romania. The salary is 1000 euros gross per month. How much will i get in my pay check after taxes based on that salary?

Hello Jonathan,
Your income will be taxed at a flat rate of 16%, upfront: Your employer must calculate, deduct and pay your earned income tax; the tax will be final and you don't have to submit a tax return. Here is some more information: europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/work/taxes/income-taxes-abroad/romania/employed

. Also check our recommendations on what to think of when

pinterest.com/pin/562950022144761969    - starting a job in another EU country

Thank you very much  :)

1000 EURO = 4400 RON (give or take), this will result in a net salary of 3086 RON (which is roughly 701 EURO, based on the same exchange rate of 1 EURO = 4,4 RON). Therefore after income tax and social contributions around 30% of the gross salary is taken off to get to the net salary ...

You can calculate gross to net income here: http://www.calculatorsalariu.ro/?action=calcs

Thank you so much  :)

Hi Guys, I am very interested to know what the position is, and whether people belive that is a satisfactory salary to live on...

700 euro's

calculatorsalariu.ro/?action=calcs2&suma=4460

It's liveable, but it largely depends on one's lifestyle and also of whether it's in Bucuresti or in "the provinces" :)

Unfortunately, in terms of Romania this is a great salary. Think yourself, an average teacher earns 900 lei (200 euro) per month. However, this 1000 euro gross salary is not enough for decent living. I live in Romania for 2 years and the best job offer that I've received here is more than twice smaller than what I receive now working as a freelance translator for my home country.

701 euros

So on what i read, it's 16% income tax, plus Social Security 10.5%, Health Fund 5.5%, Unemployment Fund .5%.
So that is 32.5% tax.

If you are earning 1000 Euro your tax is 325 Euro.
That leaves your with 675 NET income.

Expatriate health insurance in Romania

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Romania

Moving to Romania

Find tips from professionals about moving to Romania

Travel insurance in Romania

Enjoy stress-free travel to Romania

Flights to Romania

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Romania