Moving to the Netherlands

I'm Dee and thinking of moving to the nederlands. I met somebody online and I feel strong about the move and marriage. My questions :
What is the requirements to marry a Dutch and what's better,  employee or employer or stay at home?
Is there any benefits as a spouse?

Please give me honest opinion.

Thnx

Dee

Your best source for getting the most "up-to-date", accurate information would be the Dutch Immigration/English website, or the Dutch Embassy, in your home country.

BlackCrane17 wrote:

I'm Dee and thinking of moving to the nederlands. I met somebody online and I feel strong about the move and marriage. My questions :
What is the requirements to marry a Dutch and what's better,  employee or employer or stay at home?
Is there any benefits as a spouse?

Please give me honest opinion.

Thnx

Dee

Hi Dee and welcome to the Forum.

Your first hurdle will be to get into the country; at the top of the page is our Handy Tools section, within which are our Expat Guides; these contain many articles that may help you in your journey, including direct links to the various Dutch Government immigration and embassy websites.

Once you've read these, if you have any further specific questions, please come back to us.

With regards to your original questions:

Marriage - to get married in Holland, at least one partner must be Dutch or resident in the Netherlands. Both must be over 18 and not already married or in a registered partnership; that's about it.  There is a lot of administration to go through, best that your future partner goes down to the Town Hall (Gemeente) and makes enquiries there.

Employee, employer or stay at home - depends on your circumstances, qualifications and skill set and whether there is any work available in those areas.  One important thing is to learn the local language; you speak Afrikaans (which is a mix of old Dutch, German and South African tribal languages).  My opinions is that it's very similar to Dutch and should hopefully help you in learning the modern version.

Spouse benefits - once you're in the country, there are none really that I can think of.

Hope this helps. :)

Thank you for very useful information,  I'll check it out!  Appreciate your advise!

Thank you,. I'll certainly look there