Close

How do you invest in Vietnam real estate?

Thank you all for sharing your experiences, didn't know there is no protection for foreigners buying property in Vietnam. I am aware of the Vietnamese short term mentality to hit and run. If I.have listened to my Viet buddy and invested in RE , will probably loose my pants. Cheers

You will lose money no matter how sweet the deal sounds. It's all PR and BS

There will be no shortage of so called experts who will tell you to invest.

However, you'll never know if they get a cash commission for sending you down that road from the seller or the seller's agent. All very messy.

Im a vietnamese guy. My wife and I working at U niversity Medical Center 10 years ago. We not have any experiences in real estate but last year we try to invest in two Appartments at May 2016, we sold it in October 2017 with 180 millions VND. You must known about vietnamese culture, their habit and money work flow. 
In some case like in district 9 the price up from 20 millions vnd/m2 to 55 millions vnd/m2.

You can invest if you have a friend in vietnam you trust

Finding someone you can trust is the problem.

Hi everybody,

A couple of weeks ago, I spent two weeks in HCMC visiting apts with RE Agents. I was going to buy one, except, I had decided to visit the place a second time before buying.
Since then, I read many posts on this topic on expat.com. Here is what I found out:

1) RE markets around VN are falling down.
2) They did not learn from the Vietnamese 2010 RE crisis.
3) Most expats, living in VN for many years, recommend to stay away from buying. Even renting can be tricky without a lawyer negotiating for you the leasing contract.
4) A few foreigners who invested in RE in HCMC, like in Vinhomes for example, recognized after one year that everything in the apt. had to be changed or repaired...
5) Interesting enough, not a single of these RE are officially present on Expat.com
6) I realize I'd better wait for the next RE crisis and buy 3 or 4 apts. with the best rentability possible, and sell later, as they will quickly recover from it.
7) Vietnamese people will never buy these apts at the current foreigner prices' levels.

Good luck :)

DELAFON :

5) Interesting enough, not a single of these RE are officially present on Expat.com

If any of the many banned spammers were actually official representatives of vinhomes, they've gone and are unwelcome to return.
The various teams sent hours deleting the spam messages, hidden spam pretending to be real posters and double acts set up to ask questions that led to vinhomes adverts in answers.
That isn't to say Vinhomes had anything to do with the large number of spammers but someone was trying to make a buck from the game.

Fred :
DELAFON :

If any of the many banned spammers were actually official representatives of vinhomes, they've gone and are unwelcome to return.

They were not official representatives of vinhomes, they looked more to be either con artists, or a rogue agent trying to make a fast buck. You could spot them a mile off.

Moderated by Bhavna last month
Reason : Please don't promote your services on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

There has been a lot of posts about real estate in Vietnam. Each individual must do their own research and make their own decisions.

If someone wants to invest in real estate in Vietnam then it is up to them. If they want to ignore the advice of others with previous experience, that's also up to them.

It should be considered that most sales agents have no financial or any other investment in any property they want you to buy. They survive on making sales. It's how they make a living