Permanent Residence Visa for a Canadian in Brazil

Hello fellow expats!

I am a Canadian man living in Brazil currently. This week I am marrying my Brazilian Fiancee. I am looking to apply for a permanent residence visa (VIPER), but I am finding it hard to find the proper information online.

I have seen other posts on this site about the process and requirements, but they usually pertain to US citizens. I don't know if the requirements differ between Canadians and US citizens. I was wondering if there are any Canadians here that have experience with the process?

I know I need a copy (or the original copy) of my marriage certificate,  but what other documents will I be required to present?

it would be great if someone who has gone through this process before could walk me through it :)

Most of the Brazilian officals I have spoken have little or no knowledge about the subject  :unsure

BTW, I will be appling for the Visa while I live in Brazil

Thanks in advance!!!  :top:

Tohr,

The requirements are the same.

Request for stay based on marriage

Request for stay based on marriage, as provided in Administrative Rule MJ No. 4/2015 and related legislation (article 75, II, "a" Law No. 6815/80 and RN No. 108/2014 CNIg):
Own request, available at https://servicos.dpf.gov.br/sincreWeb/ ;

Two (02) 3x4 size pictures, recent, colorful, with white background. Click here for the guidelines on photography.

Authenticated, clear and complete copy of passport or equivalent travel document;

Certified copy of the marriage certificate;

Authenticated copy of the Brazilian identity card of the spouse;

Declaration that they are not separated de facto or de jure, signed by the couple, with recognized firms;

Declaration that he has not been prosecuted or criminally convicted in Brazil or abroad if he has not been married for more than 5 years;

Proof of payment of the respective fee.

Revenue Code: 140066 - R $ 168.13 (Request for Permanence)

Revenue Code: 140082 - R $ 106,45 (Foreign Registration)

Revenue Code: 140120 - R $ 204.77 (Foreigner's Portfolio)

* To check if there is a calendar available for service, reprint form 154 or generate the GRU for payment of fees, click  here

*  Click here to print list of documents based on marriage

Comments:

The documents issued abroad must be legalized by Brazilian consular office and translated by a sworn translator in Brazil.

Jim

Thanks so much for the quick reply!

I have a question.

The documents issued abroad I assume refer to my Passport?

I didn't see any other documents listed for the process that I would have to have translated.

Tory

Tohr,

The only requirement for your passport is authenticated copies of every page even the blank ones. No translation is needed. This is done at the Cartório.

Jim

Hey there,

I am not sure if you live in Brasil already and are familiar with the language.
You can go to the Itamaraty Brasilian embassy website and find pretty much everything there what you need to know. http://ottawa.itamaraty.gov.br/en-us/permanent_visa.xml this might show the embassy in Ottawa, but this is an official brasilian embassy website that runs in other countries as well. Perhaps you are already in Brasil, but again this site show pretty much what you need to know and have some links to other websites.
One advice, do not listen too much to Brasilians about immigration (procedures), because they don't really know much about it.
If you are still on Canada's soil, and if the website doesn't help you much go visit the embassy.
If you are in Brasil already, pay a visit to the Policia Federal the city you are in / or go to there website.

http://www.pf.gov.br/servicos-pf/estran … ermanenciahttp://www.pf.gov.br/servicos-pf/estran … -casamento

Enfin, these 2 websites itamaraty & policia federal are the 2 most official / trusted sites that will provide the necessary information you would need.

Good luck and if you got any doubts, let me know.

Hi;

I applied for my Permanent VISA several years ago. I did it while in Canada through the Ottawa Brazilian Embassy, but I would assume that the process is the same.
If I remember correctly you have a long form to complete and you need to provide your nirth certificate and if you are married your marriage certificate. As well you need to have a document from the police force of your locality that you do not have any criminal charges against you. I also needed to present certified pictures and proof that I could sustain myself financially (this may be different because you are marrying a Brazilian).

Visit this site:
justlanded.com/english/Brazil/Brazil-Guide/Visas-Permits/Permanent-visas

HI Tohr,

Got married here 5 months ago. It's a costly process. Call me if you can.

Steven

Moderated by Sarvesh 6 years ago
Reason : Do not post your contact details on the forum for security reasons.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct