Bringing partner to Australia

Hi my good friend is an Australian citizen and she met a guy from Philippines. They have been dating for 3 years now and her bf came to Australia for 3 months holiday only as a tourist visa. She told me that they got engage during her stay in Philippines 1 month ago. Some friends say marry him in Philippines and bring him to Australia, but some friends mentioned the opposite like bring him here and get married here. I have not said anything but I would love to put an input as a friend.

What types of visa and what is the quickest one? Is getting married first is a must for them for him to get PR  or something?  I will appreciate some professional answer here. TY.

TNCSEVEN wrote:

Hi my good friend is an Australian citizen and she met a guy from Philippines. They have been dating for 3 years now and her bf came to Australia for 3 months holiday only as a tourist visa. She told me that they got engage during her stay in Philippines 1 month ago. Some friends say marry him in Philippines and bring him to Australia, but some friends mentioned the opposite like bring him here and get married here. I have not said anything but I would love to put an input as a friend.

What types of visa and what is the quickest one? Is getting married first is a must for them for him to get PR  or something?  I will appreciate some professional answer here. TY.

PR will take a minimum of 3 years on a Partner Visa.

For a Partner Visa, you normally need to show 12 months relationship after dating, normally after engagement.

Your best option may be the PMV 300 visa, and apply for a visitor visa while waiting for that.  Our PMV took 8 months.
Then you apply for the 820/801 route, with PR normally about 3 years after that application.
Citizenship is then about 7 years after applying for the 820/801 Permanent visa route.

A marriage in Philippines is not going to help much, and may be more hassle than needed, unless of course it is important to the Filipino.

Marriage is not important for the 820/801, as it can be done on defacto basis, but it is for the PMV300 route.