What is living in Brașov like?

Hello everyone!

I am torn between two cities: Brașov (it seems nice) and Constanța (where my father was from). Can anyone tell me about their experiences living in Brașov?

Thank you in advance! :)

Hello folks  I would like  to say living  in brasov is very nice.  population  about 300.000 people  pretty much like the city I grew up in Ontario Canada. As long as you don't get caught up in the city bureaucrat crap you are ok.cost of living is really good compared to Canada the only thing I find expensive is the electronics  not sure why perhaps of the shippment  process. Glad I brought most of my stuff with me.utilities are very cheap here in Romania I was paying more than 65.00 per month for high speed internet here it is very cheap as well as phone service.i guess conning from a different  country you would find it inexpensive  but perhaps a Romanian would find it pricey compared to the salary  they make. I have worked in a few places here in Romania and found it difficult  to understand the way Romanians conduct there business it's as if they want to fail.no marketing sense what so ever.very reluctent to listen to new ideas .being a professional  chef  and running large institutions. Sadly I left my current position as I was dumbfounded  by the professionalism that Romanians lack. However being semi retired  is kinda nice no stress. Thanks

hi,Lena
if you like winter sports, skis, mountain expeditions, hiking, trekking and adventure move Brasov.
Beware of bears because there are many bears around. Now a few years ago, a bear broke BCR commercial bank and ate all the food in the refrigerators.
Do not camp with the tent and leave no food in the tent, otherwise you will wake up with uninvited guests, a whole family of bears who eat everything you have in the tent.
I have a friend in Brasov in Racadau, who forgot to lock the door when he went to pick up the garbage and slept at night with the neighbors because the bear came in and stayed in his house until he finished eating all the food supplies.
In Brasov the winters are colder, in Constanta they are mild.

Hi Lena,
Brasov is one of the most beautiful cities in Romania. It's downtown is a old medieval city where you can spend your free time eating, drinking and not only. The city is chill compared with Bucharest (the most crowed part of Romania) and you have lots of green area (mountains) around for trips and winter sports. Also a nice thermal water spa in in the city where you can enjoy swimming and spa all year around .
Constanta is on the other side, next to the Black Sea. It is nice during the warm season but in the winter is more like any other regular city in Romania.

Depending on what your plans are you might head the bureaucracy, like in any other part of the country, but in the end you can sort it out.

Going to Brasov for a test run this autumn and winter. I feel it is a very nice city, good food, nice people, close to mountains...the only down side is the lack of airport..

Trying to find a job and move there as soon as possible.
My main concern is the language. I don't speak romanian yet. Is it possible to communicate in English for the everyday tasks (supermarket, restaurants, banks etc)?