Car seat for toddler?

Unless things go really wrong in the next few weeks, we are moving to Bahrain! Husband would go first thenI would follow with dear daughther in the Fall. It will be around her 3rd birthday, though she is way above average height and weight-wise (both: her proportions are normal).

It is my understanding that car seat are/were not widely used in Bahrain. Is this still the case? What is the rule about this?

Can one actually purchase a car good quality car seat in Bahrain? I am considering bringing one over but also bringing a simple booster seat for when we will use taxis, which will be quite often I am afraid. Daughther is now borderline to switch to a type2 seat so ok with those. (Sort of; they made the rule more strict about that few weeks ago but we already own one simple booster seat)

Thank you!

Hi,

It is not mandatory by law to use a child car seat in Bahrain, having said that it always better to use one. If it not a hassle for you to carry the one you have you can get it along or you can buy one locally here costing anywhere between 20BHD and above or you can find a used one on (olx.com.bh / expatriates.com) .

T&R

I think we'll include one in the boxes we will send over.

Thanks for your reply!