Looking for efficient lawyers and accountants

Hi all

Am looking for the subject as have engaged a couple of lawyers and a corporate accountant before but they don't seemed to be quick at expetiting things at all.

Have you got any to recomemnd?

Thanks in advance!

Owen

You may want to try and contact Rich B. He has a blog on this site called Philippines Move. He and his partner have set up a restaurant consulting business in Makati and am sure they can give advice. Also, read his blog on the resto business.

Btw, will your restaurant be authentic Singaporean? My wife is from Singapore and would love to find her local teowchew dishes. Also. are there any Singapore groups around that she can join?

Good luck.
Don

Hi Don

Thanks for the reccomendation,  maybe I should catch up with Rich someday.

Am a food & beverage consultant back home in Singapore and had decided to venture here as the market is so much bigger compared to Singapore.

The lawyer and accountant has been referred to us in July last year, they were really good, only recently, their speed to attend to things are too slow to our comfort and we have already paid them their fees in advance...

We are into our final leg of preparing for the opening in March.

Just looking at an option for a replacement as we really are pushing towards a good opening.

As for authenticity, nope, no teochew style food but just serving a Singaporean taste menu that is packaged into a fast food concept.

Have made a few contacts here with a handful of Singaporean friends, maybe we should have a get together session sometime...

Thanks anyway

Owen

Good luck in your restaurant. A good friend of ours in Singapore owns a Japanese restaurant, all you can eat ala cart style. Does very well and all her cooks are Philippino so told her she should open up a restaurant here, but not sure how the pricing would work.  I think its $48++.

I live over in Fort B for the time being and work in Ortigas next to the Megamall.

Don

hi owen,

did you ever got to get the lawyers that you needed? March is approaching? Where is your restaurant? I have different groups of lawyers who are my clients, what specifically do you need?
Let us know so the expat group can support you when you have your grand opening, that will be a great way to meet and network!

I also have accountants that I can recommend.
pinaymentor

Hi Pinoymentor

Thanks for the concern.

Had a heart-to-heart talk with the accountant and our concerns have been heard, we will retain her services

As for the lawyer, will be good if you can introduce good ones to me, hopefully the charges are reasonable...

We are into our final stages of getting the restaurant open.

Name is "ChickChat", located at SM City Manila, grateful for the support you mentioned.

Will update when it's open.

Regards

Owen