How to make friends in Turkey

Hi my brother murat how are you
Am hassan from Morocco
I love Turkey and Turkish people ,civilization, culture,language,food and everything about this great nation.
I would like to be your friend if it's possible.
Thanks brother

good morning
Turkish peopel very friendly so much
some times reeally so much friendly

I'm thinking for a while now  to travel to turkey on a small vacation & i'm intressted in meeting & knowing friends there who can show me around let me know what's popular what i should try where should i go u know that kind of stuff & also a would love to know a little bit about the culture

Hello,  I am new here,  I need to make good friend from Turkey

Mr.jay it would be great if you can tell more about the bars and introduce yourself and i think you speak same language as i do.
Which city do you dwell in?

Hope I can find friend here also even not turkish people. ..

Hi murat ! i'm Sabrina
add me ***

Moderated by Priscilla 6 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

:top:

Hi.......  ı saw your ad accidentally..ı am an English educator lady retired from the university..
You write about  tha vacation in turkey..ı dont know who you are but ı can advise you my sister s hotel pension which is 2 hours drive from izmir ..you can have a restful and secure holiday at my sister s pension hotel at yenifoça izmir and gotosee the beautiful and historical places around there..
good luck and best wishes..

well after going to istanbul many times, i learned that you cannot trust anyone from the beginning especially if you go to bars and night clubs. there are lots of "mafia" people if i can say that would like to trap you after you drink some cups. i do know some friends who were sent to the police because of this.

Its really hard to find friends here :(

I am in Ankara , Just want to find a good women friend for chat , why it is so difficult?

hi i want to know more about you

Well not easy in Istanbul !!

Hey guys I'm planning my honeymoon in Turkey in April 2018. Could you guys help me?
I was part of the trip to be fast paced and the other part to be quiet and relaxing at a beach hotel. Please help, any adice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Ali

Hello every one
How is it going?
Daryoush

I am Ali expats living Istanbul Asia side more then 2 years . looking good friends for sports activity ,Tennis , Running etc ..

@aytgroup hey can we be friends?

@Snowqueen375 sure why not

Gunaydin Expats. My name is Dennis. I retired here in Kusadasi, Turkey 2 years ago. If you are living in Kusadasi as a new or long-term Foreigner and want to create a friendship we should make a date and have Chi or Kahve one day. We can share our experiences here so far in Turkey., and maybe learn a few things together. Send me a text if you are interested. Have a great day.

Hi @all,

I´m 46 and I live about 50km from Kusadasi (Tire). I´d love to meet nice people and have a drink together.

@Snowqueen375 yes

@aytgroup Awesome am looking to be in Turkey soon would absolutely be happy to meet I person if that could help possible appreciated

@aytgroup hello am looking to go turkey soon so would like to get in touch and see turkey if possible appreciated

It is easy to make friends.I always frequent same coffee house,restaurant or bar.You become regular there and meet people.Simple and works.

Acquintances, easy, neighbours, service providers easy and they will friendly and polite, I have many good experiences in Turkey, very good. HOWEVER definition of a friend, he/she will help you  through everything (financial, but also other things). I only have 2. Friends are difficult, neighbours, part of life, acquinatances as well.

Please be careful with menitioning friends.

For the people in Turkey a few (if any) will arrange for my burial (of course my wife does), financial impacts, ... I have to take care myself No problem though, but friends, before I consider somebody to be a friend (it takes time, a lot of time)

Probably just a question of language, still I HATE somebody calls me a friend (before he/she earns)

I just go out even here in the UK and talk to people, about 20% of the time we exchange numbers. The gym is great for this (but not so it interrupts someone's workout) 😅

Same in Turkey really but I find there it a higher percentage of younger that want my number...and I'm 58!

But it rwally depends on the type of person you are. I am definitely an extrovert, whereas some are naturally shy.

Apologies, I just repeat myself, neighbours can be good, providers (restaurants, barbers, shops, butchers, ...) can be (and honestly they are) great

Very very fine, but before I call somebody my friend it takes a long time.

Acquitances and useful yes, but friends do something more.

Not linked to Turkey at all (also other countries) money goes a far way, but friend is a different topic, I know people want to use me (as I use them in a way), that is fine.

But getting friends is such a different topic

@Sheriff721 what is a friend?

Going back to the title of the post, friends, NO WAY, a friend to me means who does all for me (and I for him/her), being careful with contacts is my advice, friendly acquintances can be, our nice acquintances in our building and providers, some even better than some others, but all of them very friendly  and I am sure they will call bring me to hospital, call 112, do other strange things.

But who will give me EUR 100 K (nobody (apart from real friends)), I do not need this by the way, who will arrange start/finish for funerals. 

Whom can I trust for dealing with inheritance (just my friends from the past)

@cdw057 Sorry to repeat myself again and again, but I am sensitive on the mentioning of friends, acquintances are fine

Hi, is there anyone here who lives in the Fethiye region?

@janecrrphilae and what, go to restaurants, shops, also hairdressers, talk, friends no I think, but people you can know, I think they speak English quite well in that area. What is the problem, but getting know people can also get with issues, just keep low profile is my advice. You can invite people to your home, they can invite to theirs, good, can be very good we know, just chatting about this or that, but friends (as per prior posts) no way.

Can be good, very good.

What is the problem, we live here for almost two years (Mahmutlar) we are careful and we send away people who want to make friends (be careful I have to say). Easy, just be friendly, invite people to coffee or even dinner and chat, easy. (not too close again)

@cdw057 I have no real friends at all in Turkey, but people are incredibly friendly (sometimes better than friends).

Wow cdw you seem quite passionate about the diffetence between friends and acquaintances? For me I treat everyone in an equally friendly manner regardless of which category they fall into.

I have to say that of all of the 91 countries I have visited the one I have no desire to return to is the Netherlands. Simply because:

1) They are far too tall (I am short and ended up with a cricked neck) 😀

2) They wear far too much orange 🍊 usually when travelling abroad.

3) I have never experienced more racism anywhere else in the world [ to comment on this, your skin really needs to be something other than pale)

But I only spent a mere 12 months there (Endhoven, Utrecht, The Hague and Maastricth). They asked me to go back for a longer secondment, but I refused.

@marktmorgan I do am Dutch myself, however in general, too arrogant, too Dutch, too flexible. Yes I am Dutch and I have my passport, but being proud is another topic.