American living in Eskisehir (and Istanbul on weekends) - new member

Hi Everyone,

I'm an Ohio native who has been living in Turkey since 2004.  I lived in Istanbul from 2004-2007, and then moved to Eskisehir due to my husbands job.

I would love to meet some new people (of all nationalities!).  Especially in or around Eskisehir if possible.  If you're new to Istanbul and I'm in town, I'd be happy to show you around the historical sites.

Best wishes, Melanie

Hello Melanie.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Aurélie

Hi Melanie,

I just moved down to Eskisehir as well. My husband's family is from here.  I also lived in Istanbul (2008-2011).  Last year spent all over the US due to my job (drove through Ohio at some point as well:).  Let me know if you feel like meeting ([email protected]). TTYL

Gosia

hi ,
im new here in eskishehir,
im looking for job around here,
and im glad if you can help me in this case

tnx kasra ;)

hi everyone. I hope im not too late for this. ;)
Im a foreigner here in Eskisehir too. It would be wonderful to meet you guys.

Hi, we are considering relocating in Eskisehir by the end of the year from San Francisco.
It seems that the city is vibrant and there are many interesting people and activities.
I wanted to ask anyone if they would recommend living there?
Is there good sushi, yoga and nature around?

Nice to meet you all!

Emiliano

Hi, Emiliano.

Eskisehir City is considered one of the modern city here in Turkey. Its a small city compared to Istanbul and Ankara and diffinitely has a lower cost of living.  Yogas and other form of healthy exercises are available here but for good sushi that i donr know. ;) there's a chinese restaurant here and japanese restaurant that serves noodles (not the ramen type) and makis (rice rolls) but no sushi! ;)
Are you planning to move in with family?

Hi all,

Please note that this thread is from year old.

Thank you,

David.

Hi Melanie
Are you still in Eskisehir?
I'm considering moving there have been in Alanya for couple of years
Would be great to connect
I'm us citizen lived there most of my life
Originally from Finland
Sirpa

Hello windy69,

Welcome to Expat.com  :cheers:

This is an old thread and you may not get any answer here. I invite you to create a new topic on the Turkey forum.

Cheers,

Cheryl
Expat.com team.

ok thank you :)

Hi Sirpa,

how are you? So nice to find some fresh post for Eskişehir. Are you still considering moving to here?
I am new in the city, came from Ukraine couple of months ago, eager to discover good places in here  and meet nice people.
Please drop me a line if you're about to be in the city and meet!

Cheers,
Xenia

Ok take care n godbless

Hi Xenia

I am in Alanya at the moment, I spend a month in Eskisehir last autumn, felt a bit lonely ( did not have family or friends), ,and came to Alanya there are some more foreigners here. But I love Eskisehir,
how do you like it there?

Sara

Hello Sara,

Thank you very much for the note and sharing your experience.  What is the weather like this time of the year? I heard that it gets very hot in Alanya during the summer. How is the weather in general?

Do you have any information about car sales tax and if so can you please your experience? I understand that car sales tax is very high in Turkey. 

Do you also have any information about importing a car from overseas (USA).  I understand that it is very cumbersome process to bring a car and it is might be better to buy locally.

Thanks

Hi Sara,

How are you doing? Hope Alanya is more lively.
Here in Eskişehir harder to meet people, also now fun places are closed mostly, we went to Şelale Park, it's empty and nothing works, so I just enjoyed the great panoramic view.
In spring and summer is going to be better, anyway, especially if we overcome pandemics.
Be sure to let know if you come here again, will be more interesting to explore together

Best wishes!

Hi. Nice to meet you. Yes that would be lovely.

Yes Antayla is beautiful but nothing was open when I went last month.

I will let you know when I am back again as we have a flying ban at the moment unless it is for business.

What job do you do in Turkey? Do you enjoy it?

Carolanne

Hi, my name is Idil. I recently joined this ex-pat group to ask questions About turkey. My husband and I, along with my four years old would like to move to turkey. I'm Canadian, and he's an American from Ohio. I realized you are also from Ohio is I figured it would be best to ask someone like yourself. I also noticed you have a family in turkey; how old are your kids? I want to move to Istanbul. I don't know what area is suitable for families with small children. I would like to ask you if there is a school you'd recommend since you lived in Istanbul. Thank you. I appreciate all the help I can get

Hi I am baldev Singh.

how are the rental prices there?

Hi,

This article may be helpful for you. Have a look at it please.

https://aalrealty.com/blog/posts/best-i … in-turkey/

Kindly best regards,

Hi guys! I'm new to expat.com. My name is Karen. We used to travel a lot for work and recently we have decided to settle down in Turkey. We have moved from Istanbul to Eskisehir this summer! I have 2 girls and my husband is Originally from Eskisehir. I speak very little Turkish. I would love to meet and hang out if you are from around here :)

@idilahmed Hi Idil. My name is Karen. Are you and family in Eskisehir now? Love to meet and hang out if you are. Cheers.

@KittyBond Hi Xenia. My name is Karen. New to Eskisehir with husband and 2 girls. Love to meet and hang out if you are around. Cheers.

@Karen LeeCW Hi Karen! I am an English teacher and I have two adult students (Turkish) who live in Eskişehir. They are both engineers and they have been living there for a very long time. One is married and the other one has a steady relationship and they usually hang out as a group. They would welcome any opportunity to practice English and meet expats. They would help you with anything you need. I can pass your details over or give their number to you if you are interested in meeting them.

@globalenglish Hi teacher 😉 I didn't get your name. Thank you so much for replying my msg. Yes pls link us up! They can reach me via my work email [link moderated] for now and we can exchange contacts later on! By the way where do you based and teach English? Cheers.

@Karen LeeCW Hi again! My bad! My name is Canan. I used to live in Istanbul but I am based in Muğla now. These are my online students but one of them is also friends with my brother, so I also met him in person. They are great people. I cannot see the e-mail adress here. Can you send me a PM, maybe?

@Karen LeeCW Karen :) I am moving to Eskisehir with my husband in September. Let's connect?

But I live in Istanbul

@ShotQueen76

Hi Melanie

I am shadi  from  la  ca   also  living  in  Eskisehir  from --r u still living in Eskisehir?

Is there any place watch to NFL in Eskisehir or Istanbul on Sundays and Mondays ?

Dallas Cowboys or Houston Texans ?

I know I'm loser but what I can do .

I'm from H-Town .Bar or TV channel ?

I got it.S Sport plus  airing live NFL games.Available  some bar  across at

Million Performance Hall.Bartender nice guy put on TV.Anadolu University actually has a  football team and soccer team.But sad thing is Baltimore again crushing Texans.9-22 and 4 th quarter.

No hope plus another field goal by Ravens 9- 25 final score.Noon games at 8 p.m.  3.30 games 11.30 p.m  and NBC Sunday night football 3.30 a.m. they will close bar but Eskisehir night life goes into  overtime  not that much restrictions at all .You can drink beer at public parks like Alsancak waterfront of Izmir.Not many Muslims in Eskisehir.