Volunteer/Teaching experience needed

Hello!

Thanks for reading my post :) I am moving to Toulouse in July of 2011 with my fiancé who is being relocated from Denver, CO. He is in the aerospace business and will be working on satellites for a year. I am very excited, but I am also having to put my education on hold; I am studying to become a Professional School Counselor, currently I attend UCD- Master's program.
       Does anyone have any connections to someone that could help me; teachers/programs/schools, etc.? I have emailed a few American schools in Toulouse, asking if they would consider having me as a volunteer (c'mon, it's free!) and no one has emailed me back. It would be great to be able to volunteer under a school counselor, volunteer as a tutor, anything to further my experience in schools. I know a little French, so if there are even French schools that need help with English classes... I am desperate!

Thanks in advance, and any info at all is greatly appreciated!!

Robin- [email protected]

Hi Robin, welcome on Expat-blog! :)

You may post an advert under Toulouse classifieds > community section - Volunteers as well.

I wish you good luck in your search and i hope other members will be able to advice you.

Christine

Hi - just a couple of bits of info gained during my 3 years in France:
1. The French very often simply ignore emails - you'll have to phone.
2. Volunteering is not quite so big here - it's considered by many to be a way of preventing a French person from getting paid employment.

You might find it easier to get some work teaching English - privately, or with one of the international schools.