Hello! My name is Johana and I am 21 years old. I'm in the process of getting my Italian Student Visa here, in Argentina... I have already used up my 90tourist days by January and am now getting a 5 month student visa to study there(Milano) from March to end of July... I fell in love with Italy and I'm looking for a way to stay for longer than a year - Ofcourse legally. Here are my questions:
- After my 5 months of Student Visa are over, can I still extend my SV for another 90days if I want to continue studying if my 90days of my tourist visa (schengen) have already been used?
- After my Student Visa expires, can I extend my Permesso di Soggiorno for a year? What would I need to do to make this possible?
- When I have my Permesso, do I always have to have a valid Visa, along with the permesso? Which Visa would that be? Or is the permesso enough for me to stay in Italy legally?
- If I find work and they do all the paper work/contract for me after my SV expires, can I stay and do all the paper work in Italy? What paper work would I need to do exactly? Or would I have to return to Argentina to reapply for work visa?
- Should I wait on getting an extension(if possible) on the Permesso di Soggiorno (after visa expires) until after I get the Work contract? Does that mean I must stay with an expired visa for a few weeks?
All these questions come up because since I have already used my schengen visa days, I don't have any other days to fall back on once the visa expires.. It's my first time staying such a long time in another country and I would really like everything to go smoothly and planned
This is such an exciting process for me! Hence the questions :p If anyone who knows from experience or has studied all this, could please answer a few of these questions... I would appreciate it a ton!! 💓💓💓💓