Non-Vaccinated Preschooler

My 2-year old is non-vaccinated and I'm looking to enroll her in a private school in HCM. I was wondering if anyone on the forum has had any issues enrolling their child if they are non-vaccinated. Thanks for any insights. Please don't respond with advise on getting vaccinated.

Babies receive their first vaccinations while in hospital after being born.  You really should continue with the vaccination program for the sake of your daughter's long term health. Your ward or village health clinic can do this for free or a small charge and keep a record, as well as giving you record card and advising when the next vaccinations are due.

Some vaccinations are arranged and given to all pupils at some schools, My daughter received several needles, plus oral polio vaccination, at her primary school.

ralphnhatrang wrote:

You really should continue with the vaccination program for the sake of your daughter's long term health.

Don't you realize that you are arguing about a religion?

No. This is not a religious problem, this is a medical necessity.

I think you misunderstood my mild sarcasm.  It is a religion for the OP.  It may not be a traditonal organized religion but like organic foods, it is a religion none the less.

Asking not to reply about vaccinating just opens the door for people to do just that.

It's best if you contact the schools you want to enrol in to get the correct information.

ralphnhatrang wrote:

Babies receive their first vaccinations while in hospital after being born.

Thank you everyone for your input. I'll contact the schools directly. Vaccinations is definitely a trigger topic. I've done my due diligence on the subject.

While I will concede that not vaccinating your child is a risk you may be willing to take in the US, you might consider that the factors may be entirely different in Vietnam.  This is because when the pool of unvaccinated is very small, as in Western countries the possibility of an epidemic is very slight.  So if all your child's classmates are vaccinated for let's say measles the odds of his/her contracting the disease are infinitesimally small.  The CDC declared the Americas essentially free of measles in 2016 and the last measles death in the US was in 2015.  Contrast that with Vietnam where in a 2014 outbreak, there were over 3500 confirmed cases and over 100 children died in the Hanoi area alone.  The government has stressed vaccination since then but it is not mandatory and there is still a significant pool of unvaccinated children.

Non-vacccination is a statistical game and in the US the odds are in your favor.  Are you sure you want to play the same game in Vietnam?

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/88/52/b3/8852b30d3ff448d043ba14783214cddb.jpg

Just had to..