Vietnamese for expatriates- Free of charge

Im Stephanie, graduated from college few months ago, management marketing major. I and my cousin who is now a student from University of Social Sciences and Humanities, have a project named " I love Vietnamese" so that we will teach Vietnamese for expatriates in Saigon. If this project works, we will ask more friends to enjoy. We plan to make researchs with the syllabus we take from the Linguistics Institute of VietNam, in order to find a method which helps you to study Vietnamese easier. Vietnamese is a difficult language,i have to say i've been learning it days by days. So together, we will learn.
Anyway, everything is still on paper. I want to know your responses about our project.
Please let me know.
Stephanie

I like your enthusiasm. Yes, Viet is a tough one for me. Keep us posted and count me in. This could very well be a cool happening in the works. Thanks.

It seems we have the first student here. Thanks for your support, Vnescape. I hope i will get more ideas from you...After Tet holiday, we will make things go into details, any suggestion will be welcome!

Count me in... I'm studying right now and I definitely need more practice

Tieng Viet is damn difficult to learn even though I'm Cantonese & Tieng Viet sounds a bit like it...

Still learning now.

So is it free right? I am very much interested please send me more details in my  email [email protected]   yeah i will be your new student.

@honeyclotte: yes its free! i ll give you the detail of the project after Tet holiday ( the biggest holiday in Vietnam).
There are some problems about the place to study, make sure that will be convinient for both sides: students and teachers.
Any suggestion?

hi stephanie! please count me in... whatta great idea :) thanks in advance!

Hi Stephanie! What a great idea! Please let me know when you get started!!! Happy New Year!!!:cool:

Hi Stephanie, its a great idea, how are looking to structure the classes? 1-2-1 or 1-2-many??

(Moderated: inappropriate)

@laidbackfreak: we're still discussing about this,we plan to  arrange classes based to your knowlege in vietnamese, your time and my time, a place we are thinking may be a good place to study is in University of Social Sciences and Humanities. My cousin will take care of this.
@hammerhead992000: if you're NOT interested in transfering vietnamese to many people, in order to promote for vietnam's culture, you dont have to BE here in my forum and type those words, you're wasting your time and the other's.

@hammerhead: As you've said, there's nothing really FREE. Fortunately (or unfortunately?), the thing we can get here isn't the so-called FREE English lesson mentioned above BY YOU :)
With our English, we believe that we do not need any FREE English lesson from our "students: :)

Vietnamese is undoubtedly not as popular as English and Vietnam is still a third-world country, as a result of which it's quite hard to spread Vietnamese language and culture to foreigners. As an English student getting many chances to communicate with foreigners, my cousin's nurtured the aspiration of helping expats able to communicate in Vietnamese and understand more about Vietnamese culture and history via Vietnamese students who tutor them. Furthermore, we can gain experience, widen our network from interacting with people, we can get to know more about other countries,...the list goes on.

Nothing is actually FREE, but the thing we can get from giving and helping people is much more significant than a simple FREE ENGLISH LESSON which is something rather shallow.

cool count me in :)

hj Stephanie,
Do you want me to give you a hand? I'm also interested in teaching Vietnamse for them.

Hello everyone, i hope you guys have a wonderful holiday. Well, we'll start our project. Firstly, please send me emails at [email protected] to confirm you're in and some following points:
- Your level in vietnamese.
- Your available time for studying with us.
- Your suggestion about the place where the class will happen.
I'll make a list and dicuss with all of you about the details.
Hope to receive your emails soon.
Stephanie
@Lysa Tran: Im glad to have you in the group.

Count me in please

Thanks for organising it

List of students:
1.Carlos Guelbenzu from Spain
2.Mary Grace Custodio from Philipine
3.Tuan Nguyen
4.Mikareena form Philipine ( your confirm email is wanted ;))
I would like to thank you for your interest in my language. Im waitting for the grammar book which will come next week. I find most of your free time is after 7pm, incl weekend. That will be perfect.
Now, the place to study should be dicussed soon, im trying to contact some friends to borrow their space for our classes, aonther case is in university (but we need the managing board's permittion, my cousin is asking!)
Hope everything's going smoothy.
Have a nice weekend.
Stephanie

@vnescape,leaper,honeyclotte,gingcustodio,g35stillin: i havent received your confirm emails yet. There are some points i need you to inform me,especialy your level in vietnamese, in order to help your studying easier.
Stephanie

Excuse me, is anyone of you studying vietnamese somewhere else? If yes, there will be two group:  tutoring group ( for who are studying vietnamese at school or university) and teaching group ( for who are not).
For tutoring group: we'll help you to clarify any problem in your class.
For teaching group: we'll be responsible to teach you.
Let me know, please.
Stephanie

Hi stephanie! I am mary grace custodio :) sorry i didnt mention my expatblog id in my email to you... Thanks   
again for including me in your class :)

Hi all,

We've got the copy of the 1st book of the collection of 6 Vietnamese as a second language published by Vietnam National University of HCMC. The original book's price is 220,000 dong, which is quite expensive to us, so we can only have the copy of the book (25,000 dong) for the tuition and we think that it's clear enough for us to study. We can get a copy for you, or we will lend you the book so that you can copy it on your own. It's only for individual study's purpose, not for sale, please.

Nevertheless, if you want to have the original book, we can ask the Vietnamese Studies Department whether they sell the book to individuals who are not students of the Department.

The only problem we have here is a place to study. Although the canteen of the University of Social Sciences and Humanities is quiet enough for us, it's impossible to study there if the timing of the tuition is after 7 PM.

Thus, we urgently need you to send an EMAIL including the info of the NAME of the STREET and the DISTRICT where you're residing in Ho Chi Minh City, so that we can manage how and where to have the individual or group (2-3 students) tuition with you. It possibly is at your house, our house or at the canteen or somewhere else convenient for all of us.

Looking forward to your emails and suggestions if any.

Stephanie.

I received a confirm email from David Sheppard. We have 5 now.
Stephanie

when does it start???

Hi vi vi u also teach vietnmise classes can u give me some more info please??

Cheers Eoin

Dear Stephanie,

I really like your idea.  It is good that your program offers help to others.  Seeing a need and filling it?  It sounds like a win win situation.  Forget about the detractors they just don't get it.  When I get back to Vietnam I will be happy to look you up and see how you are doing.  I would so like to learn Vietnamese. 

Currently I am in the States. I am in the planning stage to buy a motorbike (a Chang Jiang, they have these cool side cars) in China and drive it or crate it into Vietnam.  I do not know if it is possible.  Perhaps your service can also include information related to what is and is not permitted by the government such as importing bikes etc. I am sure your teachers will have an advantage learning the rules and a good language lesson should involve facilitating practical matters.

Well good luck and I hope to meet you soon. 

Cheers

Mike

hey is this vietnamise classes happening for sure,, as i mailed sometime ago and never got any answers.....

@prettyboy101: Please send your email including the details required in our previous post to the address: [email protected]. We will contact with you as soon as we can.

@somoby: We aren't sure we have the answer to your question about importing bikes, yet if you need our help, we will ask people who know about it here and reply you to your private message. Hence, kindly send us the details of what it is that you need to know about the government's permission in Viet Nam.

@all: We have finally met and come to an agreement with Carlos and David about the place the tuition will take place. Not receiving any reply or news from other students, we are going to assign appropriate tutors for these two first students within this week and the tuition will hopefully start by next Monday. For more information, please contact us at [email protected], or at [email protected].
Hopefully we will get more and more students :). Thank you!

Cheers!

Hi Stephany!
Its great! Im in! Looking forward for the start!

Thanks,
Nikita.

i want to be a part of these vietnamese lessons but problem is im here in Da Nang. I wish i can find expats and vietnamese here in Da Nang so that we can start a similar class.

Hi and welcome on board kikz :)

I would suggest you to post an advert in Vietnam classifieds under Classes> Language classes.

Good luck
Armand

Hi Stephanie, I will contact you to join the group. Thanks

Been quite busy sorry... Shot you an email :)

Hi everybody,

I'm glad to say that the project has been going on quite smoothly and perfectly, for at the moment, we have 8 classes with 8 tutors for 12 expatriates with different levels. The number of tutors are increasing and I truly hope that there will b more and more expatriates considering learning Vietnamese with our help :-)

Once again, kindly contact me AND my cousin via email at: [email protected] AND [email protected]

so that either of us can give you the reply within 24 hours.

The classes are available for everyone at anytime, so don't worry, it's never too late :D.

Cheers!

Hi Stephanie.  Are the classes still ongoing?  I also want to join.

I saw this post a while ago, I couldnt sign up as I wasn't sure how long I'd be staying in HCMC, Now I know I will be here for quite a long time, so please add me to your list, thanks :)

Baz

Hi guys,

Please buzz my cousin at: [email protected]
She will give you more information and help you :-)
Just remember the class is always available for you ;-)

Regards,

Stephanie.

Hi Stephanie4942, I'm Stephanie6260 ^^.
I think this is a really good chance for us to help expatriates and help ourselves in understanding different cultures all over the world.
Can I join with 2 of my friends? We speak advanced English, We volunteer to be Vietnamese teacher.
I hope you still need more hands ^^
Stephanie.

hi is the classes still on? I've been here 4mths and all I can say is em oi . .  hehe

Count me in

Hi Stephanie and everyone else,

My first Vietnamese class at the Univ of Social Sciences and Humanities will start this afternoon. In case anyone is joining this class, we'll be classmates:)

Cheers....