Newcomer

Hi I'm Heidi, originally from England, then moved to the west of Ireland for the past 20 or so years. I'm here now, my children have flown and I want to make a new life for myself.

I worked for 15 years with the Irish Seed Savers Association, firstly in the garden as I love the feeling of connection with the Earth and the food I eat; then a further 10 years or so in the office, populating their website, writing a garden column for the local newspaper and a cookery magazine. In the office I was handling all phone calls and answering garden question's emails. I also sent out all webpage orders such as seeds etc. plus all bookings for the workshops and the pay-role. I loved my work there and am looking for something similar web/home based working, if possible. I love to be busy and useful.

I love to make things in my spare time, knitting, crochet, sewing etc. I have picked up a few skills in Ireland living in the hills, so am well able for many jobs which would only normally be done by men. I have a good sense of humour and love life.

At the moment I'm living rent free and giving minor building decorating work in return, like wwoofing or workaway. I am slowly learning Spainish and my aim is to buy a plot of land in the area and live out my days in the sun. Of which there will be many more of !! Would love to meet others in the Albondon/Orgiva area for networking, coffee, chat.

Thanks for reading and good luck. Heidi

Heidi, sounds ideal. best of luck . my wife and i plan to retire to spain but we are more city folk(although i spent 10 years growing wine grapes  12 acres) I'll come and visit let us know when you get settled Regards Bruce & Francine