How did you get to Spain?

Hola! I am a Filipino interested in experiencing Spain. I was reading a lot about visas and know what any of those visas mean. I also read separate blogs (only a few) about Filipinos who may or may not have been successful in obtaining a visa. I still have lingering questions: HOW did you get to Spain? Were you assisted in any way?

I would like to receive a reply from Filipinos or former Filipinos who are already in Spain or who have been to Spain and from all people who were able to help/ assist a Filipino get to Spain.

Gracias! :)

bucai wrote:

HOW did you get to Spain?

Aeroplane.

Welcome and good luck in your search.  You should post this question in the  Philippines forum:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=201

Bob K

If you aren't a citizen of the EU, then GOOD LUCK! I'm a retired American and can visit for up to 90 days without a visa. More than that, requires some type of visa. I applied for a 1-year, no-work visa in 2011 and never got a Yes or a No. I applied again almost 4 months ago, and still no word. (Mind you, I'm going there to spend money) My guess would be to go as a student and let the university do the work for you. Otherwise, take a job away from a Spaniard (that's a really dumb national policy, plus there aren't that many jobs). Good luck to you. (Maybe get a visa from another EU country and then move to Spain from there)

RonInAustinTX is it that effective to acquire  Spain visa through university? I've been searching so much on applicable visa to Spain for longer than 90 days but can't get the exact answer....,

Hi, Julienne. I'm guessing that universities do this all the time. I, myself, have not done it but have heard of people who have. I'm over 60 and it would be "creepy" for all if I hung around 20-year olds. I want to speak to people in the shops, restaurants, museums, etc. That's my plan. BTW, it has taken me months to prepare my request for that visa. I had to get medical exams, immunization shots, prove that I have no criminal record, prove that I can afford to live there without working, get health insurance, and find lodging. Still, I don't have a visa. I've followed their requirements exactly. I don't know what else they want. Good luck with your attempt. If you  get -- or if anyone else has gotten -- a visa, please post details here.